1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hello from Arkansas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by The Fifth Doctor, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Fifth Doctor

The Fifth Doctor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi, I'm very new to this (not Vegas... talking to people.) I'm extremely shy and introverted. I'm 38 and have never really traveled... or socialized... until relatively recently. A couple years ago I visited Vegas for the first time (my first time flying as well) with a couple friends and absolutely loved it. We have been back three times since and I always thoroughly enjoyed it, especially Downtown. I am going to be returning solo for the first time later this year (Nov 27-Dec 3 or 6). I'm excited about it... but with my social anxiety, I'm afraid I'll wind up spending the whole trip hiding in my hotel room. Fortunately, alcohol helps with that a lot and is available in abundance, so maybe I'll overcome my nervousness enough to have a good time on Fremont.

2. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board. You will find lots of solo trip reports with helpful info and nice friendly people here.

3. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What's up, Doc? Welcome to the VMB! I love the Doctor Who reference! You will find a TARDIS-full of information from some great folks here.
    -Richard

4. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board!! Watch the meets thread to see who may be in LV when you are.....could spend some time with great folks..... Good luck!

5. DESPERADO

DESPERADO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :wave: hello from central CA, welcome :beer:

6. The Fifth Doctor

The Fifth Doctor Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies and for making me feel welcome. I will definitely be following the get togethers threads. I've never really traveled solo before... but am seriously considering going to Vegas alone three times before the end of the year (I've got a ton of vacation days saved up and might as well make the most of those government holidays) and it would be great to have somebody to meet up with for drinks.

And to my fellow Whovian, is Richard Alpert a Lost reference? (Or perhaps to the actual Ram Dass?) Big fan of all things "geeky" from Doctor Who to Lost... to Wisconsin's own Michael Feldman. Go Badgers!

7. Richard Alpert

Richard Alpert LOST

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi again, TFD! Yep, I'm a big Lost fan. I'm looking forward to my next trip off-island (from middle-of-nowhere northern Wisconsin) to the mainland (Vegas), likely the week between Christmas and New Years! Well, gotta go watch the rest of the Mystery Science Theater 3000 episode I'm watching while playing with my Peter (action figure from Fringe). Yeah, nothing geeky here! :rolleyes2:

8. Champ

Champ Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome! What part of Arkansas are you from? I was born in Little Rock, raised in California. Tried living there for a year a few years back and ended up coming back to CA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.