1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Planet Hollywood upgrade?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by jsiadak, Sep 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColoradoJohn

ColoradoJohn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I are staying 3 nights at PH next week in a Hollywood King Hip Room. I got an email yesterday from PH wanting to know if I was interested in a E standby upgrade. $35 /night for a resort room or $38/night for a fountain view Hip room. This seems high to me. Is it worth it or should I just try the $20 trick...
    Thanks

ski

2. VideoPokerNerd

VideoPokerNerd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Several years ago I tried the $20 trick and I was upgraded from a basic Hollywood Hip room to a room with a view of the fountains! I was there for just two nights mid-week so overall hotel occupancy was likely low with lots of rooms still available.

I guess it would depend on what days of the week you're going to be there and how high hotel occupancy is during your stay. Don't know if the $20 trick would work if you're there for three nights. Good luck though.

"Maiden Vegas" UP THE IRONS!
    1st time at Luxor
  3. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I assume that if they are asking you to pay for an upgrade, you'll also be paying resort fees?

Resort fees are already an extra cost, I wouldn't pay the upgrade fee. Will you really be spending a lot of time in your room looking out the window? Maybe just try the trick.

4. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They sent me the same thing asking me if I wanted a resort Vista for $50/night more. My current (comped) room is listed as premium fountain view. No idea what the difference is

Doubt I'll spend much time in the room but may try the trick on Thursday

5. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the Resort Vista, but again, I wouldn't pay the upgrade. I think the resort vista has bigger windows and a higher bathroom.
    I'm a shower and sleep kinda girl. I don't spend much time in the room......there are firebets to be won!

6. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That would be $115 extra. Since I don't know what value you put on your room and what you like in a room, I'll give you the scoop on the different rooms. Also have to consider the extra cost vs. the budget for the trip.

Hollywood Hip room is somewhat on the small side. The windows are definitely small, and to really look out of them, you need to be in a certain area of the room. Since it is not a fountain-view, you will probably be looking out towards the back which is not much to see anyway.
    The Resort room is larger and what I'd call a regular-sized hotel room. I think the windows are the same size as the Hollywood Hip room, but there are two or three of them. Since it costs less to upgrade than the fountain-view room, I'm thinking it is also away from the Strip.
    The Fountain-View Hip room is the same as the Hollywood Hip room, but it faces the Strip. It has the same small windows. so to actually see the fountain or Strip, you have to be in a certain area.

The Vista room is a nice room with a huge bathroom and windows next to the tub or above the dual sinks. The windows in the room are larger also closer to being floor-to-ceiling. This room faces the Strip, and is typically at the end of the section of the building that juts out in two places toward the Strip. You can see those sections of the building in photos where it's not as high as the overall building.

And look on YouTube. People are always putting videos of their rooms on there.

7. ColoradoJohn

ColoradoJohn Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks, seems I won't be upgrading...it's not guaranteed anyway...based on availability when I check in.

8. BlacklabberMike

BlacklabberMike MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This the view from the Hollywood Fountain View Hip Room I had last week. room #2038
    room.jpg

i took the upgrade as it was our anniversary and i was about 100% sure I would get it comped at checkout.

9. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I say definitely upgrade for events like anniversaries. :woohoo:

10. UncleBen

UncleBen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Could be worth taking your chances when you get there.
    $20 got me an upgrade from the entry level Hip room up to the Vista room (that was last June Fri-Mon 3 nights).

11. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Same here. But, I think for as little as I'll be there, I'll just stick with what I have.

Plus with iHeart being this weekend, I have a feeling it's going to be tougher to get an upgrade.

12. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Resort Vista Fountain view rooms are worth the upgrade. The larger size of hotel room and bathroom. The windows are full sized as well, instead of the the dinky ones in the Hollywood Hip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.