1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Does using Mlife Express Comps with no stay or play hurt rating?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by cf84, Sep 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cf84

cf84 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Was in Vegas last week and had a meal at Mirage and paid with Express Comps. I did not stay at an Mlife property this trip, just had the meal there and no play. Anyone know if they count this against you just for using your comps like Caesars does? Does it "trip" you and hurt your average rating? I am Platinum with almost 400k tier credits but stayed elsewhere since we were traveling with others. Thanks!

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes,

if they pull up your play it will show zero

basic rule any time you use ur card at most if not all casinios there tracking you

3. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I want to say yes, but it's hard to tell. I still can't get my arms around the whole "trip" theory of MLife.

In July, I stayed at MGM Grand for two nights, then moved to Cosmo. While I was at Cosmo, I went to Zumanity at NewYork NewYork, and used Express Comps to pay at Gallagher's steakhouse there, without playing. So theoretically, that should have dinged my average pretty severely.

But it didn't seem to affect my offers:

Corporate Offer before the trip (based on Bellagio, which they still consider the highest property):
    One Free night, $95 for additional nights, $75 Resort Credit, $175 Freeplay

Corporate Offer after the trip (posted in the last week or so):
    Two Free nights, $75 Resort Credit, $200 Freeplay, BOGO show tix

My recent property offers from MGM and Aria were unchanged from the previous round, a suite for 3 nights, $250-$300 Resort Credit, $175 Freeplay, 2 free show tix.

4. cf84

cf84 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the input. I guess I'll have to wait and see. I had 2 big trips staying at MGM earlier this year with almost 200k tier credits each but hadn't started seeing decent offers yet anyway. Hopefully,using the card at Mirage and not MGM won't impact my MGM offers I hope to get. I was hoping to have the offers with room, free play and resort credit by now but nothing yet. First trip was end of May so it's been less than 4 months. Sounds like corporate offers are quarterly so maybe I missed the cycle by a bit and am lagging behind.

5. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just call and ask

6. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's also possible that a single zero play day would affect your average, but not enough to move you to a lower level of offer.

7. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe it would and for that reason I would not use EC - probably.

Will zero play change your average. I think so, unless you are frequent player. For somebody that comes 3 times a year, you are going to take a hit. Assume you earn $500 in comps each trip based on your play. If a $0 is put into that average, you now are at $375 comps earned per trip. this is all more complicated than that, but...

TRUE STORY: On a trip to Mirage a year or so ago, I was talking with the host to get some stuff comped off my bill. After a bit, he says I was way overcomped on my last trip. Huh? He said my trip 60 days earlier had zero play but I got 2 tickets to LOVE. Turns out he reserved those tickets 60 days in advance of our trip and the computer counted that as a trip. He helped me out some, but I think I was screwed.

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It might change your average daily theo, but comps are a % of accrued theo. If you earned $500 in comps in the first 3 days of a trip, it doesn't go down to $375 because you play zero on day 4.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are exactly correct. My thought pattern was related to OFFERS, even though I did not say that right. Comps on each trip pretty much are tied to that trip. Offers are tied to your average play. Bad wording on my part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.