1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Check that CET Calendar up until last day

Discussion in 'Comps' started by arizsumda, Sep 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arizsumda

arizsumda Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This labor day weekend, arriving Sunday, I had 2 free nights at Rio. Sunday, day of my arrival I checked the calendar again to find 3 nights comped at Caesars !! Didn't want to risk canceling my Rio reservation only to find out my Caesars offer had disappeared so I called the 800 number. Was told I would have 2 nights in the Forum tower and would have to move for the third night to the the 365 sq ft room. Sorry forget the name. Said OK, I knew I could take care of it at check-in. Arrived after midnight, politely asked for an upgrade, handing a $20 over with my card, all 3 nights Augustus Tower. Sure it won't always happen, but check that calendar even on your arrival date

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Quite true. At my level I typically only see Caesars rooms as COMP within a 2-3 window of arrival. I think next trip I will stay at Flamingo regardless just to knock it off the 'visited' list, but this is a good practice for sure. comps can really open up last minute.

Surprised they let you switch within the 72 hour cancelation window though! That is awesome.

3. Scottndindy

Scottndindy High-Roller

The Calendar is changing constantly. I am always looking throughout the week leading up to the trip and I will notice big changes. If you see something you really want get it as it could be gone just as quick.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thats not true you can see a year out using the calander on line

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Think you misunderstood.

I see the lower props as comp on weekdays and the occasional weekend a full year out.

Caesars palace i don't typically get comp. But within 2-3 weeks of the trip date, COMPS will start appearing for Caesars, too, on select nights where they are not booked up.

For example, in 2012 I was booked 5 nights at Bally's. 2 weeks out changed 2 of the nights to Caesars Forum Tower.

In 2014 was booked 2 nights at Flamingo. 2 weeks out was able to change to Caesars Palace Tower.

6. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not true , wether ceasars is comped out a year , a month or a day out for you changes daily, same with every one else. its all depends on the days your looking for and there ocupancy, ive booked a year out as a gold at ceasars comped 5 nites out, there are 2 many factors, it changes all the time.

7. bdautch

bdautch VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is a great, great point. I can't tell you how many times I started out comped at Rio, took it because well it's Vegas even if it's not quite the Strip, then changed to Flamingo, then finally to Bally's Jubilee. I need to make sure I check yet again before my December trip to see if I can sneak into CP.

8. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok, seriously, I check the calendar daily and these are my rates, so I think I have a pretty good handle on what is true and what is not.

The rates change daily (although the long term ones are WAY more stable), but I still hardly ever get a Caesars comp showing up months out.

Yes, it DOES depend on that. But Caesars is not going to worry much about low occupancy 6 months from now or give a particular bargain yet for it, because they don't have most of their bookings yet. Thus, their comps only extend so far.

At the time of my 2012 trip, I had 3 nights in the entire year to come showing up comp, and they were all within the following 3 weeks (all in September, not the slowest month).

There is a certain rate floor for comps that Caesars (and presumably all CET properties) will not go under until the booking is just around the corner and their occupancy is still low. In short, they will comp me rooms they would have to sell on Hotwire/Priceline, etc.

9. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is good info; when I booked my September trip, I had nothing comped at Caesars and now I have Sunday to Thursday showing comped at Caesars. Not going to change my reservation but goid to know for future trips.

10. BrandonC

BrandonC Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My rates for a stay next weekend went down by a few multiples for the mid-range CET properties. Just got 3 nights tonight for the rate I was paying for one night just a few weeks ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.