1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

The Who at Caesar's September 19th--Why so late?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by GROWLR, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GROWLR

GROWLR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone know why the Who concert at Caesar's on September 19th is scheduled to start so late?

Tickets say show starts at 10:45pm.

I called Caesar's Concierge to inquire, but they had no info, actually couldn't even initially confirm the show time at all.

I checked with the band website and the shows immediately previous and following the Vegas show are listed to start at 7:30.

The other shows do list an opening band--Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, but I have trouble believing that JJ would be playing for 2 hours before The Who starts their set in those other shows.

Just curious if anyone has any information on this. Thanks.

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    theres no openning act for vegas and my guess celine or mirah or rod has a 7.30 show that ends at 9 pm. or they have something else booked earlier.

3. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had tickets and canceled because it was so late. Decided to not leave the VMB reserved craps table early which is going to start at 9.

4. GROWLR

GROWLR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks paper poster, I see now that Jerry Seinfeld has a show at 7:30 that night.

5. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm surprised Pete and Roger are able to stay up so late at their age!

6. keishashadow

keishashadow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NEW YORK (AP) — The Who is postponing the first four dates on its 50th-anniversary tour as Roger Daltrey recovers from an “unspecified virus.”

A representative for the veteran band said Tuesday “The Who Hits 50!” tour will not kick off Sept. 14 in San Diego. Also being postponed: shows scheduled for Sept. 16 in Anaheim, California; Sept. 19 in Las Vegas; and Sept. 21 in Los Angeles. New dates weren’t announced.

No other details about Daltrey were provided.

The band is also canceling its Sept. 18 performance at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas.

The Who will resume its tour Sept. 24 in Portland, Oregon.

7. GROWLR

GROWLR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Crap. Well, at least I get a Vegas trip out of it.

I looked at the band's website that confirms this information, but it had no details about refunds on tickets.

Actually now I see that refunds are available at the point of purchase. I guess that means the inter web.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  8. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you see that on the band's website, or the site where you bought the tickets? The reason I ask is that I have tickets for three of the postponed shows, and they come from three different sources (ticketmaster, stubhub, Coliseum box office).

9. GROWLR

GROWLR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw that specifically on this website: http://www.thecolosseum.com/news/detail/12388/the-who-postpone-september-19-performance-at-the-colosseum-at-caesars.

Haven't seen any other information on it. Bought my tix from AXS online, haven't received an email or anything from them.

I'm bummed, we had good seats for the Vegas show. Guess I'll have to settle for seeing them in Denver in December.

10. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw them back in May and was pleasantly surprised. Based on what I had read my expectations were pretty low but I really enjoyed it. With that said I probably would not see them again, the setlist is pretty much identical every night (at least it was when I saw them, I haven't checked recently). If Jett is the opener when you go try not to miss it, her set was really good.

11. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you mentioned, "Crap," a bunch of us VMBers have a craps table reserved for us at 9:00PM on Saturday the 19th. The table is full with many on our alternates list, but a bunch of us including people who just want to meet up, will be at Ringer's at PH at 7:30ish. One of the host has offered to feed all of us for our patronage. If you want to be part of our group for that, look at the "Vegas Craps GTG pregame info" thread and tell frank67, the person who is arranging this and started the thread, that you want in. You can also tell him if you want to be in the alternates list for playing. Also, look at the "Reserved Craps table VMB GTG in Sept *update*" thread.

12. GROWLR

GROWLR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads-up about this. But, 1) We've already got tickets to the Michael Jackson ONE show at Mandalay Bay for Saturday, and 2) I don't play craps. Though with regard to the latter I would like to learn, and this VMB craps meet-up would be a good way to do that. Sorry I'll miss it as I'd still like to meet some of my fellow VMBers. Maybe next time.

13. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looks like it's gonna be a while. This just posted by @showbiz411

The Who Cancel Entire US Tour: Roger Daltrey Has Viral Meningitis

14. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope he recovers nicely, I had tickets for The WHO here in Calgary , on Oct 1st
    saying working on rescheduling next Spring!

15. GROWLR

GROWLR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, just saw this after returning from the trip we were supposed to see them at Caesars.

Since it now says possible reschedule for the spring it makes another trip to Las Vegas more likely.

We have good tickets for the Caesars show and don't to have to give them up if we can help it.

16. Dek

Dek Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope Rodger gets better soon. And would it too much to hope they might be playing in Vegas during my week in March 2016!?

17. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Who have announced the rescheduled dates for their axed fall tour, now kicking off in February 2016.

The band said Tuesday that “The Who Hits 50!” tour will start Feb. 27 in Detroit. The band’s fall tour was canceled this month as lead singer Roger Daltrey recovers from viral meningitis.
    Daltrey said in a statement that “I am now on the mend and feeling a lot better.” Guitarist Pete Townshend added that the band “will be coming back stronger than ever!”

Tickets for the originally scheduled shows will be honored at the new dates.
    The tour, celebrating The Who’s 50th anniversary, also will visit New York, Chicago, Los Angeles and Toronto. IT WRAPS ON MAY 29 IN LAS VEGAS.

18. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Memorial Day weekend....nice. Also perfect timing, just over two months after March Madness!

19. seneca7

seneca7 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tickets for the May 29 show go on sale Oct 10th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.