1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Orleans room on a Saturday night comp?

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by jamesxnj, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm expecting the worse as it's first stay there and my level with Boyd is the lowest..Surprised I even got the comp itself as I only played VP there for a few hours over the past couple years..
    Would a $20 trick help and /or a later check-in at say 6pm or so as I have to be at Bally's for a Fantasy football draft..Originally I was thinking try to check in around noon or so..
    Any thoughts/ideas and what room to ask for or avoid? It is a smoking reservation so that may limit things..
    Thanks for any info !

2. rayrat

rayrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask for a room as high up as possible. No need for a $20 trick.

3. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tell them you don't want to want to be too far from the elevators.

4. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ask for both. Their hallways are unbelievably long. All of their rooms are nice, but if you ask for 'lowest floor possible' you will get farthest from the elevator. If you ask for 'closest to the elevator' you will get higher floor.

Lately I have been asking for low floor, closer to elevator, overlooking the pool. I do that to be sure that I don't hear parking lot noise, but it they seem fairly happy to give that to me. I guess a lot of newbies ask for a strip view, no longer important to me.

Bros are back!
  5. DESPERADO

DESPERADO VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :wave: ditto with rayrant. 9th floor or higher. i don't mind long walk to end of hallway. plus no guest pass by my room when i sleep in . good luck.:beer:

6. bluesdude

bluesdude VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just for a point of reference, the room numbers are as follows:

01 - 45, north tower, west is pool view, east is strip view. Longest hallway, 01 is furthest from the elevators.
    46 - 76, west tower, north is pool view, south is street view depending on how high up you are. Second longest hallway, 46 is furthest from the elevators.
    77 - 99, east tower, north is strip/mountain view, south is street/strip view. Shortest hallway, 77 is furthest from the elevators.

I am not sure about the noise level for the rooms closest to the elevators. I imagine it can get loud depending on the time of day. I do not know which rooms are smoking or not. Vending machines are at the end of the hall by the elevators.

I hope this helps some.

Dead & Co with my son! June 4 or 5th - June 8th
  7. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replies! Much appreciated.

8. scottydoog

scottydoog Low-Roller

Birmingham, England. But born and raised in Bonny
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    All rooms I,ve had have been pretty much the same and all OK.You will probably get an email around 7-10 days prior to your arrival, asking if you want to upgrade to a strip view, suite etc, depending on your circumstances you might want to go for the suite, it,s not worth bothering with any of the other upgrades. I have never heard of anyone getting a suite for the $20 trick, these are kept for emeralds or higher rollers and are on the 20th or 21st floors. Smoking rooms are on floor 17, there may be others, but I,ve always been on 17 if I request a smoking room.

9. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Checked into the Orleans a couple hours ago for the last two nights of our trip. We've never stayed here before but have enjoyed playing here and thought we'd give it a shot. On the 14th floor.. Yeah the hallways are long, as they are in many hotels here. Room is decent.

10. nfcwestbest

nfcwestbest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got home from two nites at the Orleans today had room 261 looks out into side of a wall. So yes get a floor high as possible. It was kinda shabby and run down. There's a message on air conditioner to use the controls on the wall but they didnt work. Had to open up the old beater loud ac and push the old school buttons. The clock radio stopped working all minor things so didn't bother complaining. It was cheap and served its purpose.

No resort with LVA coupon
    Everyone's a Winner Contest Freebie
  11. jamesxnj

jamesxnj VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the new replies! Appreciated!

12. Bonnie60

Bonnie60 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most of the time I also find it dirty. Has come down each time we stay there, will not stay anymore even with it being comped.

13. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just came back and my only room complaint was the compressor on the air conditioning unit cycled all night and was loud enough to wake the dead (me). I am normally comped and don't care about views, but that was annoying. I have been placed in the upgraded rooms and they are nice. If I wasn't such a frequent guest I would consider paying for the upgrade, but I would certainly ask at check-in if it was available. I would have to think that any property which instructs the clerks to offer the upcharge would certainly fire them for giving the rooms away for tips.

Bros are back!
  14. npom

npom VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have stayed there several times and never had an issue. Rooms are always clean. Staff is very friendly. Early check in is not a problem. I have checked in as early as 10 am for no extra charge. I prefer a higher floor but have stayed as low as the ninth floor. I always ask for a quiet room and am usually at the end of the hallway. Buffet is decent. They also have an 18 screen movie theatre if you want a break from gambling. There is a free shuttle to the strip that runs about every 20 minutes. It drops you off at Caesars by the Planet Hollywood sign. Plenty of low stakes table games. VP pay tables are decent. We love the place!

15. JR Swift

JR Swift VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been staying there for years. I think all the smoking rooms are on higher floors so I doubt you'll end up with a view of a wall. Place is pretty well maintained but the hotel has been around for a while and some of the rooms are getting a bit worn around the edges. Never had a problem checking in, no matter what time I arrived. Best way I can describe the place is "comfortable" and, while part of that is likely being so familiar with what they have to offer, I think that's pretty much the feel they are going for and it (mostly) works.

16. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The AC is very loud. Hate it. Orleans is packed. The craps dealers are almost all great. I'm still up in the air if I'll stay here again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.