1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

CET Property restaurant recommendations Take 2

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by vegasloverfromatl, Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasloverfromatl

vegasloverfromatl Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all!

I asked this same question last year but the thread is now closed and wondering what any updates might be. Last year I asked for CET property restaurant recommendations and I got lots of responses and we ended up eating at Ruth Chris one night and GrBurger at Planet Hollywood one night. We loved both. We also were recommended to go try Guy Fieri's and that was a big fat disappointment. This year we are going next Saturday and are scheduled to have dinner at Strip House one night and we are going to try Holstein's (I know Cosmo) one night but would love one more recommendation for a place to go. Give me your recommendations from pricey to cheap but not another steakhouse. We would also love a different burger place if we decide not to venture away from CET. I have a lot of RC's to spend. Thank you all. I just LOVE Vegas!!

Last year's post:

We are annual Vegas goers and go every year in the fall. Our next trip is this Saturday and I am so excited!! I also have the Harrahs Visa and spend on it a couple of months leading up to our trip and use it monthly so I don't lose my reward credits. I have about $250 to spend and want to know where you like to eat at CET properties. We are staying at Paris but like to gamble at all the properties (except won't go to Rio) We have never eaten at Planet Hollywood and have never even been there so maybe would like to take a trip over there. Any suggestions there? I will tell you where we usually eat and if you could give me any other suggestions on good places with price ranges, I would so appreciate it! We may splurge one night for a steak dinner (which would deplete our rewards) but also like to keep our business there anyway. Probably not up for buffets but if we were, we would probably do Paris.

We have eaten at:

Caesars-

Bacchanal (was awesome- had the 24 hr buffet pass from last years signing up for Harrahs Card)
    Mesa Grill (loved that too)
    That little restaurant across from check in- that's just ok and we usually only eat there if we are staying there.

Paris-

Buffet
    Mon ami gabi
    Burger Brasserie- we love that place!

Harrahs-

Their burger place is good

Never have eaten at Flamingo, Quad, Planet Hollywood, Ballys- any suggestions at these?

How about The Cromwell? I know there's Giadas. Not sure if I want to bother.

Would love to hear your favorite places. Thanks!!

Justine

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten at:

Harrahs - Harrahs Oyster Bar - casual dining. I had:

NEW ENGLAND SHELLFISH BOIL
    Clams, mussels, crab claws, shrimp, red potatoes,
    Andouille sausage, corn on the cob, simmered in
    a seafood and ale broth

Absolutely delicious.

Planet Hollywood - The Strip House - I had:

Oysters on the half shell
    LAMB T-BONES - Roasted Fennel, Tomato Agrodolce, Lamb Jus
    CRISP GOOSE FAT POTATOES

Food was good, the staff "overdoes" it.

Paris - Gordon Ramsay Steak - I had:
    Oysters on the half shell
    British Ale Onion Soup
    Duet of Lamb* lamb “lollipop,” lamb filet
    Sticky Toffee pudding

I would definitely go back to try the Beef Wellington!!

Caesars Palace - Beijing Noodle No. 9 - I had:
    Sichuan Dan Dan Mein with Spring Noodle

meh - IMHO, Definitely not worth 14.99

Rio - PHO DA NANG VIETNAMESE KITCHEN - I had
    Wonton Noodle Soup with Duck

Definitely a place to pick up lunch or late night snack at Rio!!!!

Cromwell - Giada's - We had the tasting menu (have to order in pairs)
    Antipasti
    Lemon Crema Spaghetti with Shrimp
    Rack of Lamb (plated) - mustard crusted with summer panzanella & puttanesca coulis
    Smashed Potatoes (family style)
    Sweet Corn with Spicy Sausage (family style)
    Tiramisu
    Gelato (don't order the Lemon unless you really love lemon

A thoroughly enjoyable meal. Everything was spot on (except for the gelato). Not sure If it was worth $300+ for two, but I did get a picture!!

Paris - Eiffel Tower Restaurant - I had for lunch:

Romaine Salad - Belgian Endive, Fresh Farmers Goat Cheese, Almonds, Sherry Walnut Vinaigrette
    Lamb Burger - Spicy Moroccan Style, Pipérade, Fingerling Potato Chips

A breathtaking view - excellent food and service!!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  3. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been to Strip House twice. Both times were mediocre.
    Boycotting Giadia's and all Bobby Flay restaurants due to the rumored infidelities.
    Burger Brassiere is one of our go-to places along with MAG.
    If you're not paying out of pocket and need to burn up a lot of reward credits, I'd go to Eiffel Tower. We've only been there for cocktails so never had the food but the people and ambiance are top-notch.

4. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks DaiLun for your thorough answer! I keep hearing about the Oyster Bar at Harrahs so we may need to check that out! I think we will save Gordon Ramsey Steak for next year as we are doing Strip House. Appreciate your feedback!

Snidely- we also love Burger Brassiere but I keep hearing it's not as good as it used to be. We may need to go again anyway. We have been to MAG too. Looking to try some new places. Thanks for your feedback as well!

5. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are you sure you can use RCs at the Eiffel Tower? I looked on the TR earn and redeem page, and that restaurant is not listed as a place you can use or earn RCc......

6. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You've tried a lot of the places I like, I'd say give Martorano's at Paris a try. Haven't been to the Paris location yet, but it's gotten good reviews; I've always enjoyed the Rio location

7. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would consider Gordon Ramsay over the Strip House. Strip House had "OK food, but nothing I would consider "special".

8. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Martorano's does look good! We may try that!

I do keep hearing over and over that Gordon Ramsey Steak is amazeballs but I let my husband choose between all of the steakhouses under CET and he chose Strip House so we are going to stick to it and will definitely do Gordon Ramsey next year!! We have never been up the Eiffel Tower place. Maybe we should give it a whirl for drinks when we first arrive. Keep it coming! I can't wait!!

9. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do like Martorano's. I've had both lunch and dinner there a number of times. They've added a prix fix menu that is different from the regular menu. The eggplant stack appi is excellent. I always save room for tiramisu. I think I like their meatball a bit better than Rao's.

10. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1

Ate here in May. Loved it. I had Chicken Parmesan, Gnocchi, Salad and great Sangria. I kicked myself for not trying the Veal Parmesan.

Another meal I enjoyed was at PH, Planet Dailies for Southwestern Egg Rolls with Ranch. Had it as a meal with salad.

11. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not sure. Better to check to make sure before you run up a bill.

12. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wonder if it's like Mon Ami......you can use reward credits, but have to obtain a voucher at the TR desk. You have to make a guess on how much you'll need. You can't get a refund for an unused portion.

13. rcc4au

rcc4au Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just get a comp slip at the TR desk before going up.

14. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

Charge to your room then pay with RCs. This way it will be no over or under.

15. rutgers

rutgers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you like Italian, there's a place called Casa di Amore .... I was turned onto it by reading posts on this board, etc. Great food, reasonably priced AND, though it's off strip, if you call and reserve they will come pick you up at your hotel and take you back for free (well, of course include a customary tip) ... The eggplant parm was great!!

16. DaiLun

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Kinda defeats the purpose of the thread. OP was looking for a place to spend RCs. (CET properties)

17. rutgers

rutgers Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My bad. Oh well, it's a good recommendation anyway ....

18. vegasloverfromatl

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are back! Loved it and had so much fun.

We ate at Cafe Americano in Caesars one morning. Really great breakfast.

We were so disappointed in Strip House. I wish I had listened to everyone and gone to Gordon Ramsey's place instead. We will for sure next year. We spent $300 for dinner at Strip House and there really wasn't anything special about it at all. We did have a prosciutto appetizer that was really good and the iceberg salads were good but the steaks were nothing great. Ruth Chris was way better last year. We had a good special potato side and skipped dessert. Had a bottle of wine that neither of us really liked. It was a big bummer. I'm glad we used RC to pay for it but still. The server was very nice but up our asses a bit too much.

We ate at BurGR again this trip and loved it though I got the sticky pudding but it was a push up pop thing and not good but the server said he does it differently at every restaurant so that must be why it wasn't all that. Love the poppers and the farm burger with parmesan truffle fries. Totally all great.

Those were our CET restaurants. Thanks for the recommendations. Can't wait to go back next year!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.