1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Holiday in Orlando

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by The Stig, Aug 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

Myself wife and 2 kids jetted off to Orlando for our first visit there, we flew from Manchester with Virgin and the flight was good and also was not full. We arrived on a Sunday at about 5.15pm local time and after getting through immigration and getting our luggage we went to meet out pick up.
    The driver was very informative and drove down I-Drive pointing out various things along the way, we arrived at the hotel which was the Ramada Plaza. We checked in and unpacked before heading out for some food. I had spotted a Tilted Kilt on the way to the hotel so we headed there. I have visited the Tilted Kilt in Vegas many times but only for a drink so this time round I got to sample the food and it was good.

We headed back to the hotel after a couple of drinks after our meal and my wife and daughter said they we were going to bed, me and my son decided to go out and have a look round. Eventually we came across Murphys Pub, we went in and seemed a good place with a mix of tourists and locals. We got chatting to some of the locals and over the course of the holiday we would wind up there every night.

Monday was a day for looking around on I-Drive and seeing what was what and for the first and not last time we found ourselves in the rain. Tuesday night me and my son were in Murphys and witnessed some drinking games involving staff from the Epcot who have a night out on a Monday, we had a mix of German, Italian and English.
    Tuesday we headed to Epcot and did the tour of countries around the lake, the evening was spent firstly in George and Dragon pub which we had found. It was a quiet ish place but with a pool table, soft tip darts and a duke box it kept us entertained. Wednesday we planned to go to Hollywood Studios but the bus was so late turning up that we thought we had missed it so we to a trip to Universal and spent the day in Universal Studio. I went on the Rocket roller coaster on my own before we all went on Twister and Mummy’s Revenge. Then a tour around the Simpson’s area and stopping off for a drink in Moe’s.

20150819_154051.jpg

We also did the T2 3D which was fantastic before heading back to the hotel for a shower and to get something to eat, then it was G & D and then onto Murphys.
    Thursday was a trip to Hollywood Studio’s at Disney, doing Star Tours, Aerosmith and the Hollywood Tower. My 10 year old daughter got her first taste of roller coasters as she went on Aerosmith with me and she loved it.
    Friday I wasn’t feeling so good and had a hell of a sore throat so the rest of the family went to Sea World and I had a sleep in. I felt a little better after a visit to Tilted Kilt for some alternative medicine. I met up with the family later for some food and we hit G&D and then Murphy’s.
    Saturday and Sunday were just chill days and we all just took it easy.
    Monday was a visit back to Universal but this time the Adventure part, me and my daughter went on the Hulk twice. We all did the Spiderman 3D which was fun, we then split as me and daughter went over to Harry potter for the Dragon coaster. Wife and son went on the water ride and got soaked.

Tuesday was Magic Kingdom and we went on some rides including mine train and Space Mountain. Tuesday evening we were in G&D pub as usual and I was at the bar getting a drink when I got chatting with a guy sat at the bar. He said he recognises me and after chatting we had actually worked at the same place in the 90’s. He has lived in USA for over 10 years and what was the chances of meeting up, it’s a small world.
    Wednesday was another chill day and we just took it easy.
    Thursday was planning to go Animal Kingdom but was abandoned after some bad weather, so it was another chill day and our last day. We flew back on Friday albeit late as thunder storms caused delays to flights.

I captured this one night which was strange it was raining heavy outside but the view in the distance looked great.

20150820_195501.jpg

2. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice summary! The gf is already excited about Disney already. 60 day mark is on Saturday, iirc. Glad it didn't rain for too much of your trip! Florida in the summer is iffy at best.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  3. The Stig

The Stig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah it wasn't too bad and it seemed to rain more on I Drive than in the Parks, I enjoyed Disney and my daughter loved it but I thought Universal was fantastic I really enjoyed going around the parks there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.