1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

what room at mgm should i ask for with a "complimentary upgrade"

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by buckeyetodd, Sep 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckeyetodd

buckeyetodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    so i'm a week away from my trip to mgm and plan on pointing out on my license that its my 50th birthday and was wondering........

i'll have a 20 sandwiched in the middle

i've just got a king room reserved, do you all think i should ask for a specific room on a upgrade or ask for anything at all

if it works, great, if not, i'm still in vegas at a pretty nice property

any suggestions would be appreciated

todd

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the Executive King Suites, which really aren't suites but they are large with the goodies. If it's on the fourth floor say thanks but no thanks. Not sure a 20 is going to do anything asking won't, but that's just me being a member of that particular camp.

3. Ruark

Ruark Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Uh, so what's the deal with the 4th floor?

4. VideoPokerNerd

VideoPokerNerd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they offer you a West Wing King room do not accept it...Not much of an upgrade at all.

The rooms are quite small, it's a bit of a hike to & from the elevators. Also, unless you're on a higher floor the views from the WWK rooms are lousy, especially the ones facing north. If I remember correctly, MGM's West Wing only goes up to 14 floors.

Hope this helps.

"Maiden Vegas" UP THE IRONS!
    1st time at Luxor
  5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The west wing king is the lowest level of room they have now since the remodel in of grand kings in 2012-2013 or so. We tried to upgrade from a west wing king to hopefully a grand tower king by asking for a "complimentary upgrade" this past week. We didn't put a $20 clearly out but planned to give her one of she found us one. She said "let me see my manager", and I knew we were boned after that since our lifetime theo there is pathetic.

Maybe I should have done the "sandwich" to make my intent more clear. The while ordeal with the manager also helped me miss one opportunity to play mix game poker.

Damn lady also gave us probably the worst possible room in either direction of the two elevator banks. If we ever get this room again (hopefully not), we would likely pay the typical weeknight room rate difference for a grand king. I looked online after we got shot down. and it was only $10/more a night which I would have gladly paid in lieu of tipping her. Unavailable my ass, they just wanted to not give us one.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  6. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's roof level. You get all the mechanicals, lights.

7. buckeyetodd

buckeyetodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    getting to mgm on the 8th, the day after labor day, on a tuesday, i can't imagine the place is going to be real busy.

we've only actually stayed at mgm one other time, although we've been at nyny at least 8 times, mirage, and mandalay a few.

if no upgrade is offered, i'm ok with that, still pissed that i'm paying for a room at all.

todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.