1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Booking question

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Ofthegirl78, Aug 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ofthegirl78

Ofthegirl78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Everyone!

Is there any benefit by booking flight/hotel packages directly through the hotel vs. a travel website? I mean, other than the obvious (price). I'm looking at a trip in Novrmber and it appears to be about $300 cheaper to book through Expedia vs. Mandalay Bay direct.

I made a HUGE mistake a few years ago when we got married at MB by not charging things to the room directly nor did we check out when it was time to go after spending thousands of dollars there so we never got any real benefit from our stay (and the 50 people we brought with us). I'm wondering, for comp and upgrade purposes, if it would be more beneficial to book with the hotel direct!!

Thanks! CK

2. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas Earthling/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are going to gamble, you can have $$$ taken off your bill (proportional to the amount of gambling you do) if you reserve through the hotel/mLife website and use your mLife card when you gamble. If you book through a third-party site, there are no back-end comps.

3. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yes they cant comp of your room unless you book directly.

and i usualy fing the same price for room and flight as travelacity or Expedia , if you search hard enough, by booking directly

i never book my flight thru a 3 rd party

4. KevinF2020

KevinF2020 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many hotels will price match the online booking services. In addition if you book direct, cancelling or changing dates is usually fairly easy as long as you do it within 24-72 hrs (depending on property) of your check-in. The online booking services are much more difficult to alter your reservation and often have restrictions or fees associated if they'll even let you change at all without approval from the hotel itself or some sort of major problem after check in.

5. Ofthegirl78

Ofthegirl78 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks everyone :)

You confirmed my suspicions - I'll book direct thru the hotel.

For our wedding we booked direct for us and around 50 other people - including having our wedding at MB, multiple dinners, huge bar bills and we booked a Vista suite for 4 nights. When we were getting ready to leave (in a rush of course - we also had our 1 year old and a nanny) one of our suitcases busted open so we ended up having to figure out how to shove 1 suitcase of stuff into 2 others. Needless to say my wedding dress got left in the suite and all the time we had for checkout was eaten up playing the suitcase shuffle. So we bounced without following up on the charges :(

We're idiots!!

But yes, we gamble enough to make it worthwhile to book direct. Thanks again for the responses!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.