1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Will Tropicana $200 rebate shot change with sale to Penn?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by phantomfj, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anyone have any idea what these companies typically do with programs such as this when they are bought out? Have a trip to vegas booked for Oct, then will probably be back in March.....If I take advantage of the $200 rebate offer in Oct and lose, do you think the remaining $100 rebate(which cannot be collected for 30 days) will still be valid for the promised year? The last report I read said Penn's "Marquis Rewards" will be in place by the spring of 2016, would that wipe out the existing programs? Thoughts please........

2. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would expect them to end it. It's not their style. I can't predict how they would handle outstanding rebates though. Depending on how it's handled on their books, they may still need to make good somehow.

3. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Marquee Rewards is a terrible program. PNG does not offer comps on the same level of most Vegas programs. I'm hopeful their entry onto the strip will cause them to re-design their loyalty program, but I would be shocked if the comp levels remain.

That said, Marquee Rewards is compartemtalized. The points/comps in ohio are wholly separate from the ones in Vegas, etc. So its possible they could have different offerings at different properties, but I would expect the program at Trop to work like the program at M, which is 333 points = $1, and no points for stays or charges, only play. (Boo).

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i got an email from them about alot of new stuff and to sign up for there new program,

thats as much as i know as of now, check there website , its has changed over to the new owners , so u can email or call them

5. SandsFan

SandsFan VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at the M Resort most trips until Penn took over. Most of our comps dried up and we actually do better with CET now than at the M. Still love to go by and play, visit the bartenders. Always loved the rooms and atmosphere. Seems like losing 2000 to 3000 a trip should be worth at least a little back end comp.

The 3 P trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
    The 3 P Trip (Paris, Palms and ??)
  6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was at the Trop tonight. They still have the promo. I asked the girl at the club and she said she hasn't been told anything yet. It's popular and maybe Penn will keep it for awhile.

7. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Given Penn's MO, that's surprising, but weirder things have happened, like Hollywood's St. Louis full pay quarter VP still remains after almost 3 years. It's the best in St. Louis at that level.

8. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

The sale just closed. It may be a few weeks to see any changes like that. They probably have to integrate computer systems first.

9. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just to update this thread, we were there in mid Oct and we both took advantage of this offer, as far as the lady knew the promotion would continue.......I actually won $500 on VP so it did me no good, but my lady lost on slots and collected the first half of the $200 loss.......... and when we checked the self service kiosk for the card, she had 2 free tickets to a show as well!.....Me, nothing else............since we already had tickets to Rockin the Rock Vault (WHAT A FABULOUS SHOW!!!!) for that night, we chose ticket for “The New ILLUSIONS” starring Jan Rouven for the following night. When we got into the theater they took us right up front and put us in one of the booths right at the edge of the stage.....my girlfriend was chosen to go on stage and participate in one of his illusions, the one with the giant drill........I like the Trop!.......lol

10. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We visited the Trop for the first time with the card in July...what was the time frame for the second half the bonus? We're heading out in a couple weeks, so we would be about 3.5 months since ouir last trip.....too long or just right?

Wife loves slots, I'll play some craps while she earns her rebate, lol.

11. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    must wait 30 days, valid for 1 year. Could you update here if it is still valid? We are going to vegas in Feb again

12. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. We head there in a couple weeks. I'll let you know if we're able to do it.

13. phantomfj

phantomfj High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just curious, did you happen to get any offers from the Tropicana at all?

14. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got a mailer today saying the Trop will be brought into the players club next spring ( no date specified). My take was that was when the offers will start. We'll see what happens to the rebate then.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.