1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

What to expect when working with club promoter..

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Sunshine-Elle, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunshine-Elle

Sunshine-Elle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had an email discussion about getting a table, and bottle service(3 bottles) for 10 people on a Thursday night, at Drais. Cost $1000. Received the contact thru this board, so hoping legit.
    Never having done this before what am I expecting, money upfront:nono: down payment:thumbsdown:
    Booking this for our kids, so it's all new to me.
    I'm not saying it's a scam , just looking for a few opinions.:thumbsup:

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    a shiity location and and a lot of 100$ hand shakes, your 1000$ table will be 1500.00$ to start with after tip and hand shakes
    20 plus per cent gratuity plus 1o percent for something, then 100$ to security guard and 100$ to host or somebody.

and when your table location suxs be prepared for the upsell or bribe to move to to good section. clubs are all about location location location or it doesnt pay to have a table

also if it rains drias will suxs just a heads up

3. Sunshine-Elle

Sunshine-Elle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well that's not a good start. Thanks for your thoughts.

4. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just being honest , 1000$ is dirt cheap for a table especial if its a weekend night

good tables are a few grand up to 7500 -10 k

a good location at drias should should 2500 to 5 k

were if you went to hakkasan a good location could 5k to 10k or more

5. Sunshine-Elle

Sunshine-Elle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ouch, thanks for the honesty, it's appreciated.:peace:

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, $1k minimum seems low for ten people / 3 bottles. It'll depend on who's playing there, but that strikes me as quite a bit cheaper than I'd expect. Although it could be worse, recently I had a friend in town trying to convince me that he'd found a "great deal" to see a big-name DJ at Omnia for $1000. I told him, repeatedly, that there was no way it was anything but a scam, and eventually wished him luck while I went to play blackjack; he later texted me complaining that it was, in fact, total nonsense. At least then it was only supposed to be a couple of us, I'd have felt bad if he was trying to sell a big group on that.

All that being said, the biggest thing to bear in mind is that you have to add on to whatever the "table minimum" is to account for tips. You're looking at minimum 20% added to your tab, plus a couple hundred bucks for host, security, etc.

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i didnt even see the 10 people , but thursday drias is getting killed so its possoblile, but you will get a crappy locacation, i expect cheap vodoka.. then they will upsell as they empty out the bottles.

have you checked the interactive map on drias directly

.hakkassan and especily if tiesto is djing will kill drias so will omnia and then wynn , so 1000$ for a shitty location at drias is doable there desprate , let me guess you have to be there by midnite probaly closer to 11 pm

the outside area closes at 2 am.

usualy if u get to drias before midnight u can get in free on thursdays

heres the interactive map, and the price he qouted you is doable, it willl a crappy location , so on a 1000$ expect 1500$ if you dont order more

http://www.draislv.com/calendar/

drias is hurting

8. simundo26

simundo26 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    better of doing 4 bottles of goose for 1100 before tax ect, then 300 host tip would get good location, at tryst nightclub

9. TimWhalen

TimWhalen Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As most people have mentioned the biggest thing to be prepared for is everything that is added to your $1000 minimum. So your tax and gratuity. It's going to add an extra 40% or so. I have read about 2 vodka for $600 and I believe it's grey goose, so doing three bottles at $1k is certainly possible. I would say location is subjective. Some people like to be as close to the action as possible whereas other people like having somewhere away from the dance floor to "relax". Worst case you can ask the host where they intend to put your guests. The interactive map Drai's has on the website is makes it easier to understand what they are talking about.

10. Sunshine-Elle

Sunshine-Elle Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks one and all, I'm going to have to forget the surprise, and let the kids figure it out:rolleyes2:I'm to old for this sh...stuff.
    Not done yet, but I'll need their help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.