1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Top 10 BBQ restaurants.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Mirageluvr, Aug 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think John Mull's is worth the effort to get to. Hopefully thè line isn't crazy!

3. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neither Gilley's nor Ellis Island are BBQ. Not even close to BBQ.

Lucille's is OK for a chain.

BBQ in Vegas begins and ends with Rollin Smoke. Accept no other.

4. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well if you want BBQ its not the place to go. Go there if you are looking for cheap eats over quality but never if you are looking for real BBQ. Then you are much better off going to Rollin Smoke that is also on that list.

5. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good ribs can be made in the non-BBQ way, but they're not BBQ ribs. But looking at it that way, two of America's barbecue traditions are not barbecue -- Texas and Santa Maria. (Now traditional barbacoa IS barbecue. It's like mainland imu.)

6. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    BBQ is soooooooo subjective! More so than many other foods! The BBQ faves of some are not even considered BBQ by others.

My faves are Memphis and Lucille's. Famous Dave is OK but you can get it anywhere and when I'm in LV I want something VEGAS!

7. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think I'm going to give Lucille´s a try on my next trip. Any opinions on whether i should hit up the Red Rock or GVR location?

I really like the different ribs served at Rollin Smoke but i was a little dissapointed on the sides and the atmosphere, no beer option is not great either. On my second visit i brought my food back to Cosmo and ate on the balcony sipping on a dogfish head, a much better experience.

8. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Disappointed in the sides? I understand the individual words, but the sentence makes no sense! :D

Personally, I find their Kickin Beans to be excellent, their coleslaw to be divine, and I would seriously sell my mother to the Chinese for their corn nuggets. The greens are fine, too. Now if you ordered the potatoes in any incarnation I'll agree - they are ordinary. Beer would be a nice option as well, but something light and Southern. Dogfish Head doesn't really fit. Maybe Pearl, or Abita. But with respect to BBQ's roots, sweet tea is just perfect.

It really doesn't matter which Lucille's you hit. The food will be the same. Not bad for a chain. Get the combo platter and pig out. Just don't get the hot link. It is quite mundane.

YMMV.

9. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok thanks, yeah i got the loaded mash and gf got some potato salad that were not vey good. But we also got some other stuff and some corn bread that were not great either but i guess next time i take your advice and stick to the greens. Come to think of it i think we had the corn as well and it just didn't do it for me

Im a huge ipa fan so when i visit to the states i tend to drink stuff thats not otherwise available to me. Sure i can get Sierra Nevada and Lagunitas at home but some of the other good stuff i´ll only get to drink during my yearly visit so ill make sure to take advantage of it. Sometimes its not a perfect fit but i enjoy some of the brews to much to care.

10. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with others that Rollin Smoke is head and shoulders above any other BBQ in Las Vegas. BTW, they are preparing to open their second location at the new Pawn Plaza in the coming weeks and alcohol will be available there (with Rick Harrison from Pawn Stars one of the bartenders).

The big omission from this list though is Bennys BBQ at Binions. It has a limited menu (similar to Ellis Island) but features some of the best ribs in town. They open each day at 4pm and if you go there, try to go in the first few hours. Later in the night, they are serving ribs a little dryer.....but from 4 to 6:30 or so, the ribs fall off the bone and just melt in your mouth. I'm getting hungry now just thinking about it!

11. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    salt lick.jpg
    The Salt Lick in the Hill Country, not far from Austin, TX. BYOB in a dry town. Open pit BBQ, over mesquite (traditional open pit TX BBQ) Ellis isn't BBQ, but I'm hard pressed to say that traditional mesquite smoked meat isn't.

Nick:beer:

12. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Been there. Actually hit a good half-dozen great joints down around there during that trip. Good stuff. Too hot and direct -- as with Santa Maria -- to be "BBQ" but I'm cool calling it all just somewhat related kinds of great eats.

13. NickPapageorgio

NickPapageorgio OG of the Sal Sagev Hotel

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto... Great BBQ. I prefer KC burnt ends or delicious Rendezvous baby backs in Memphis, but there is nothing better after a long day tubing in San Marcos.

Nick:beer:

14. rayrat

rayrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to Ellis Island last night and still say Ellis Island BBQ is the best tasting at the best price.

15. salukidean

salukidean High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You must not have tried Binions yet

16. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Or any other place in town.

17. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nothing wrong with Ellis Island

Tastes good, it's cheap, beers cheap and it's close to the strip.

18. rayrat

rayrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have eaten at Binion's and Ellis Island last year and seriously compared the two. Binion's was good, but Ellis was better. Both are worth trying.

19. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next trip I'll try Ellis Island and Rollin Smoke...never stepped foot in Ellis Island, but many VMB users like the place, and Rollin Smoke has received a lot of positive reviews....appreciate all the opinions and reviews.

20. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    LOL, I'll believe that when I see it! Maybe for an occasional taping or a photo for a commercial, maybe.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.