1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"We're Putting the Band Back Together" Trip

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by Stevie D, Aug 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

That's right. I'm meeting my high school chums in Vegas. So many memories. When wet graduated Ronald Reagan was President, Irene Cara had "What a Feeling" at the top of the charts, and Return of the Jedi ruled the box office.

4 guys were about to enter the UC system, Z was off to Harvard, A was going to Stanford, E somehow got accepted at The U, P needed to get a job and yours truly was off to South Bend, IN. So many hopes and dreams.

Now we head to Vegas very different men with jobs ranging from a World-renowned expert in Atmospheric Sciences to the Leather Man in The Village People. Who'd have thunk it?

It should be a blast but could turn into a huge abortion. There are 9 of us. Z suggested renting a big house in Vegas instead of staying on the strip. They all agreed and he got this 8 bedroom place. So Muggins here fell on his sword and will be staying at NYNY so everyone can have their own room.

There has been little to no planning for this thing. Being the idiot I am, I have pressed for a bit of structure to what we're doing as I can see this disintegrating into a cat herding exercise. So Friday night we are scheduled to see Absinthe (no tix purchased yet) and Saturday night dinner at Heritage (I made resy).

The rest will come together like a Beethoven's 9th (course it will). Of the 9 attendees only 3 really gamble. And I would estimate 3 are what I would politely call "thrifty". I will admit that one of my many faults is I'm not the most patient guy on this little blue globe of ours, but I'm going to make a massively conscious effort not to blow my top. I'm planning on at least one melt down.

I'll be on the road first thing and hope to give regular updates. I'm planning on suggesting a high limit slot pull one night, and a double or nothing slot pool the other night so we can have a bit of camaraderie on the gambling front and involve those who don't have that Vegas Fever running through their veins.

Did I mention one of the guys attending and I haven't spoken in about 20 years because he decided to shun me? It's gonna be a blast!!!!

2. Treb23

Treb23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking forward to this TR!

3. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which one shunned you Village people or weather guy?....assuming they aren't one and the same...GL no matter what Stevie

4. M_ILIS

M_ILIS VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    May your trip succeed as if you're on a mission from God.

5. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sounds like it will be a shit show!!! Just kidding, good luck, I'm sure it will be fun! I did something similar a few years ago and it worked out great, had a good time and re-connected with some old friends who are still in touch.

6. NvrSumR

NvrSumR Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the kind of shit show TR I look forward to hearing about. Good luck!

7. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Neither. C works for a Nonprofit.

8. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm bored at work so here's the cast of characters:

Z- former screenwriter Health industry now

A- internet co.

M- Dr.

C- nonprofit

B- climate guy

K- Studio exec

P- private company

E- VP

And me the washed up currency trader, just a city boy born and raised in Santa Barbara.

9. Raptor

Raptor High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I feel like this is going to be American Pie 10x100! Can't wait for this report, have a blast.

10. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

Any trip report that starts off with a Blues Brothers reference has to be good in my book!! :beer: Can't wait to read the rest of your report.

11. TriggerMN

TriggerMN The Norwegian Hammer

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good call on the Blues Brothers starter. I did that in my most recent TR and people seemed to enjoy it! Make sure at least once you go all Matt Guitar Murphy and say, "Aww, shut up, woman!"

50th birthday bash! Cosmo/Horseshoe
    50th birthday bash! Cosmo/Horseshoe
  12. PJMargDE

PJMargDE Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope it all works out for you & your buddies. It should be great to follow along. "It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes......Hit it!"

13. WestTexas

WestTexas Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope you have a great time reminiscing with your high school buddies. I looking foward to hearing about the adventure. Most of all have a great time.

14. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Traditional sunshine drinks at the Bean night before holiday
    [​IMG]

Thinking about bring this piece of garbage for the trip
    [​IMG]

15. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    StevieD have a great time. I so want to go but will be there two weeks. Hit your WD ATM in the early mornings for your handpays.

16. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wish you could come as well. I totally understand PP. Hope Houston been going ok.

17. Jordan

Jordan Caveman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dude..have an Awesome weekend...and enjoy every moment in the city of sin, good luck fella, wish I was there!!

18. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You sound pessimistic. Let yourself have fun. Its Vegas, do as much as you enjoy as a group, and if anything's a drag ... go do something else.

19. Stevie D

Stevie D VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wish you were too buddy. Enjoy your hockey. First hand pay is for you!!!

20. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seriously - plan on rising early each morning to take care of the gambling fix... you can always nap later when the rest of the gang wants to go sight-seeing or some other such nonsense.
    To keep your cool, plan for time together to be about shows, meals, bars, strip clubs & juvenile entertainment. Do the fountains...do the volcano... do the high-roller...that sort of stuff...talk everyone into taking over a crap table...with 9 of you, you could own one & have a blast...just make sure it's a $5 table for those of the 'thrifty' persuasion.

Make the best of it, and good luck!
    :beer:

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.