1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Table Games 3 Card Poker Curse

Discussion in 'Table Games' started by flyguyfl, Aug 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last three times I played this game I lost my $200 buy in within a few minutes and had no wins at all! The best I did was have a playable hand a couple of times when the dealer didn't qualify. Oh, and I didn't spend any on 6 card bonuses which I would not have won anyway.
    I am thinking of forgetting about this game and trying Let It Ride for my relaxation table game.

Anyone have any winning 3CP stories?

2. steelcity5044

steelcity5044 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe you need to have a running stream of pair plus bonuses to fair well. Last time I ever did well I got pair plus bonuses like crazy and walked away up $1k. If you like poker games then pai gow and ultimate Texas hold em are the best choices

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I finally hit trips on a cruise a few years ago.

I had gone thousands of hands before finally hitting that.

I have hit a couple of SFs before.

But honestly $200 is not near enough for a decent session in that game even at the $5 level.

The swings are huge and the HA is high so your risk of ruin is very high as you've seen.

4. boxofbirds

boxofbirds Royally Flushed

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've done the same thing. First couple times I played I got some good hands and bonuses so thought the game was great. But then I had several terrible sessions where I couldn't win a thing. One time I played and had a pretty bad session, then crawled my way back up to only being down $100 or so and was about to leave so I ordered a comp meal, by the time it was ready a half hour or so later I had lost $2-300.... ugh I was so mad at myself for that. Shoulda quit and sat at the bar to wait for my meal!

I don't think I'll ever play this game again have more fun and less swings at Pai Gow Poker and UTH if I feel like playing a poker table game.

Trip #39!
  5. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you are correct about the swings and the bankroll amount. I was playing $10 tables. Funny you mention trips. The first hand of my second session I was dealt a pair of Kings but the dealer dealt himself three 9's!

6. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    for $10 table, I assume you also played pair-plus bonus, you could easily loss $500 without winning a single damn hand.
    It happened to me more than once.
    Remember, losing 17 hands in a row in this game is not that unusual.

7. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Played this for one session, bankroll was way too small and I busted out QUICK. Got dealt a straight flush within my first 10 hands or so but didn't have anything on the bonus bet :thumbsdown:

Might give crazy 4 poker a shot next week, but I'll probably just stick to pai gow in terms of poker games.

8. gradytripp

gradytripp High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    3CP was my first table game, so I have a soft spot for it. It's fun and the strategy couldn't be simpler (Q64). So I'll play it once or twice a trip. I'll buy in for $100 (at a $5 table) and that's the most I'll let myself lose. If I get up $25 (yep, just $25), I walk. I read this recommendation in a book (leave when you are up 25% at 3CP) and it's worked for me.

That said, my go-to mindless relaxation carny game is Let It Ride--lower house edge and still a shot at a fun semi-jackpot.

9. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    are you insane??!!!!

the bonus is the only reason to play that stupid game......

10. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love this game just to get away from every ing else but the ONLY reason to play it is for the pair plus.

I know ppl do not like to play the envy in pai gow but I play it at 50-100 each play and sometimes at 2 spots. It's also the reason I play pai gow, otherwise it is not fun to me.

11. Imperial_Palace_King

Imperial_Palace_King High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hit a 5 card royal flush on the 6 card bonus at Harrahs New Orleans about 2 years ago. Had $10 on it and it pays 1000-1. My biggest hit on 3 card. Still play it a lot.

12. StingerHook

StingerHook High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Probably. Lol

I'm one of those players that only hits hands like that when I don't have money on the bonus bet(s). So I tend to not play them at all.

13. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This game is so streaky for me. I've had losing sessions like you where I get stomped immediately but other times it's like my own ATM. One weekend I hit 3 straight flushes, 4 Three of a kinds and countless straights and flushes. I never play that six card bet though.

14. kboltwkreations

kboltwkreations Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you think 3 card takes your money fast, wait till you sit down at a 4 card table.

15. flyguyfl

flyguyfl MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    6 card bonus bet guy.

16. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.