1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Leaving Bags with Bell Hop Without Room Reservations

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by VegasLover8, Aug 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

Will I be allowed to leave my bags with the bell hop even though I am not checking into the hotel - specifically the D?

I am staying on the strip for my next trip (1st time in many many years). I prefer downtown, but my friends are staying on the strip.

My plane arrives at 9am. So I probably won't be able to check in right away. I am debating whether to head straight to downtown for few hours. I have some free play and free food. Plus I want to get in some full pay VP at low limits before I head to "full pay VP hell" on the strip.

Will any of the other downtown hotels allow leaving bags with bell hop without having a reservation ?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never tried this downtown, but never had a problem with it anywhere.

3. Canary54

Canary54 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When I was there in February, the valet asked me for my room number when I checked my bag. I had just checked out but had time to kill until the airport, so I gave him my recently vacated room number. That's the only time I've been asked for a room number at the D, Four Queens or the Fremont. If one hotel says no, try another.

4. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never been asked for a room number or any proof of a reservation when checking a bag.

5. BarbaryCoast

BarbaryCoast Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have had good luck with Plaza and Golden Nugget, but always have $1 per bag visible. Got shot down at Main Street Station even with tip.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Why not just go to your hotel, check in and take bags to room. If room is not available, they will hold them there. You may be surprised to find you can get in your room, even at 10am.

7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Presumably because then he has to get transportation from hotel to strip, check in, and then get transportation from the strip downtown.

8. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

Yea I thought of that also. I was just trying to be efficient. I have to combine TR cards with my friend to get the good rate at Ballys. He is staying at Monte Carlo. If I tell him to meet me at Ballys at 10am and I'm not allowed to check in right away, he will have to show up again later sometime in the afternoon. I'm trying not to inconvenience him more than I have to. Most of the weekend, I will be hanging at the MC with him and the other guys staying there. Once we check in, we will head back to the MC.

So I figured, I should kill a few hours downtown, eat lunch, use my free play, and get some full pay VP in before I meet him me at Ballys at check in time.

9. FullPay

FullPay When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Greatest efficiency would be to take the WAX express bus to downtown. It will drop you a half block from the D. The hotels with taxi stands are most likely to have full time bellhops looking for that extra tip. The D, Four Queens and Golden Nugget are your best bets. That same route departs from Binion's and will drop you off at Tropicana, a reasonable walk to Monte Carlo.

Bros are back!
  10. VegasLover8

VegasLover8 High-Roller

Thanks! This would be another reason to head downtown 1st! Will definitely save some money on the taxi fares as Nevyn alluded to. Just hope the timing works for the WAX pickup at the airport.

11. M0rtyC

M0rtyC TBD

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If in terminal 3, you have the option of the CX to downtown as well.

12. Cheap G

Cheap G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the WAX is too much of a wait just take the 108 or even the 109. It will drop you off at Bonneville Center. Then a few blocks walk to Fremont. Also $2, I did it last year.

13. topcard

topcard It's not really blackjack unless it pays 3:2!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've checked bags, as a non-guest, at the Fremont and Nugget.
    I've also checked bags at 4-Queens & Plaza after checking out - and was never asked if I was a guest.
    The one time I stayed at 'theD', I ended up checking my bag @ the Fremont after checking out, so I don't know for sure about them, but I would imagine they don't mind either.

14. zing

zing Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's common for people to check bags after they've checked out of a hotel (usually while waiting for a red-eye flight). I can't imagine any hotel would have a problem with non-guests checking bags.

15. Aplayer2

Aplayer2 wager enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This happened to me at Hooters. I had several hours to kill and since Hooters is so close to the airport I decided to play VP and drink til flight time. The bellman asked if I was a guest I said no, he says $5 storage fee for non guests. I paid it but no tip.

Downtown (You're Going to VEGAS again?!!!)
  16. Funkhouser

Funkhouser In Charge of the Big Door

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've checked bags before with Bell Desk at properties, depending on your arrival time you could just say you checked out and wanted to leave your bag in storage since you have a later flight.
    I have never been questioned before, and just slip the bell man a tip.

17. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Issue with checkin on strip make sense.

Meanwhile...it looks like no problem. If a room number is asked, an easy answer is your friend is getting the room and he is not there yet, so you of course are not yet registered.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.