1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Guy Fieri's... not so good

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by playallday, Aug 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playallday

playallday Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went there Sunday Aug 13th late evening after a show. We were given a limited menu and told by the host that seated us that no dessert was available. She said that area was closed.

We ordered wings and there was only one choice on the limited menu. A bowl of chili and some 4 way fries.

1. Husband said wings just ok
    2. Fries were cold..I believe they would have been decent if served hot.
    3. Chili had a good round slice of cornbread on top..very tasty. Chili was not lukewarm and the cheese on top was hard and not melted. I had a few bites and left it.
    4. People at the next table over had dessert. This was after being there for 45 min.

We asked the server why they had dessert and we were told we could not. We were in Vegas to celebrate my birthday. So she offered us the cheesecake like they had and I said I had wanted the Fried ice cream. She went to the back again and said they could not offer us this but could offer the mint pie. We got it...sorry I did. Way to much mint flavor...I know it is a mint pie...but just overwhelming. My husband's favorite ice cream is mint chocolate chip and even he had a hard time with it. So we shared a little bit of it and ate two of the cookies and then left it. It was so not worth the $14 they charged us.

Maybe the regular menu is better. I would not go back for the late night menu. Was hoping for better.

Has anyone tried the fried ice cream? Is it good? When back in Vegas I would still like to try this item...even just to stop in for dessert and no dinner. Just wondering if it is worth it? :nono:

2. MickeyMickey1975

MickeyMickey1975 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went there a few weeks ago, no one thought it was that great.

3. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went there in January and all thought the food was good.

4. playallday

playallday Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did anyone try the fried ice cream dessert? It sounds wonderful and that was my main reason for going there. I wish I could have tried it.

5. ineedbeer

ineedbeer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went in March and I was disappointed, how can a burger with man N cheese that has so many different cheeses in not taste of cheese???? That's a special talent right there, sorry didn't try deserts

6. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i think this guy is terrible... not shocked.

7. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the show and we've had some great locals eats across the country we'd not have known about without it. But that his rapidly expanding empire can't actually deliver the goods is not surprising. Then again, that some like it is not surprising because we're all wired our own unique ways. I seriously doubt I'd ever give it a try to answer the question myself. Just so many options everywhere his stuff is popping up.

8. JoJoR

JoJoR VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten there a few times (thanks to social rewards). I've had the Italian Deli Salad which was fairly good, huge portion, but couldn't finish it, just too much vinegar. However, I usually go for breakfast. I love the maple french toast with the candied bacon.

9. playallday

playallday Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oooh Maple french toast with candied bacon sounds good. Maybe I will try breakfast next time.:woot:

10. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have gone once...we were fairly plied with drinks & starving...so you would think just about anything would be gourmet in that state.
    It was OK--and for the price, I didn't think the quality was there.

11. davidcyndi

davidcyndi MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Next time you go to a restaurant and they tell you "limited menu" and "no dessert" just say that's ok we will come back another time. I think your trip was destined to be bad from the get go. I have never been to one of Guy's restaurants but have been to many of the triple D featured places. Always impressed. I would say give it another go and see how it turns out. My 2cents.

12. playallday

playallday Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think you are right. We stopped in before the show and were going to eat but not sure if we would have enough time since there was a little wait. So the hostess told us they would be open after the show. She did not mention a limited menu. I would rather try the regular menu. I would think it would be better. I am going to go back and try that fried ice cream. I love desserts and it sounds good.

13. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Guy's son, Hunter, just enrolled at UNLV... maybe he'll get a part-time job in the kitchen and help improve things.

14. Nuggithed

Nuggithed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just ate there, the ribs were ok, definitely not great. I also had the fondue dippers, pretzels wrapped in pepperoni. Not very good at all, the pretzels were stale. The fondue however was fantastic. Both of my friends got sandwiches that they claimed were delicious. So, overall mixed reviews. The fact that Guy himself showed up and started working the kitchen was cool though.

15. willslotforcash

willslotforcash MIA

My friends and I ate there back in April. We had to wait in line outside, even though there were plenty of tables open inside. Perhaps they did it to make it seem like the place was poppin', but once inside, the service was subpar, and the food wasn't mind blowing.

16. marcianofan

marcianofan High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    These food shows like DDD's I take with a grain of salt, pardon pun. I've never seen a meal, seriously, they DIDNT enjoy, or think was the greatest ever.

17. davidcyndi

davidcyndi MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    little things you can tell if he doesn't like what he is eating.
    1. he only takes one bite
    2. he says mmmmm like he likes it even before he starts chewing the food
    3. doesn't come up with a guy'inism. ie.. winner winner chicken dinner, or thats off the hook, or that's money.

18. CoveredinBeer

CoveredinBeer Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate breakfast there once. Eggs and potatoes under seasoned, sausage bland. If you screw up breakfast, your food really stinks. BUT, I did get a Bloody Mary and it was probably the best one I've ever had. That place is always packed. I don't mind the dude, he's turned dumb phrasing into a whole lot of money, but his food is unimpressive.

19. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've eaten at his NYC place and it was "ok". I agree though, if it's late and they are obviously closing down the kitchen it's not a good time to partake.

20. Rooster0620

Rooster0620 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there in July and thought it was great. It wasn't earth shattering, but I thought it was really good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.