1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Great gift wrap up questions

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by westcanguy, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westcanguy

westcanguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm wondering if anyone on here has been to the CET great gift wrap up events. If so, what was your experience like and was it worth the trip to go.
    I have just over 200,000 points for this event so I think I can grab a few things. Their website shows some nice things. Is what you see on the web site or is there more to choose from?

Thanks for any input anyone can provide.

2. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My guess is that 200,000 points would be about $800-1000 of value. The items ship quickly and arrive duty free to a Canadian address. The Canadian shipping items are not as extensive as the U.S. Items. Often the lines are long. If you are 7 Star, there are special lines.

There seems to be more items then on the website, but not everything will ship to Canada.

3. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know how crowded the event is? I'd like to show up, pick a few items and a gift card, and then leave. Is that possible or will there be long lines?

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we went on a monday afternoon in 2012, we had to wait maybe 30 minutes in line.

5. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can use the points at 50% as freeplay as well so if you're from abroad you can still get something.

6. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're 7 Stars, right? Virtually no line. Maybe 1 or 2 ahead of you in line. The line up for everyone else could be long. The event itself is crowded. If you know ahead of time what you want, print it up with the barcode to save time.

7. westcanguy

westcanguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the great response. I'm told that the first wrap up event in November isn't nearly as busy. Can anyone verify that? If that's the case, I'd likely go to that one.

8. westcanguy

westcanguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's not too bad. Would be the first time in the last few trips that I would actually leave with anything of value!...except the better half of course. Newmans, I sent you a pm on another matter and would appreciate your input.

9. meyers67

meyers67 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Newmans - how do you print it up with the barcode?

10. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to the greatgiftwrapup.com
    When you find something you like in their catalog, click on the item. When the detailed page comes up, there will be a bar code on it. Just print it and take it with you.
    Just outside the GGWU, they will also have computers to do the same thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.