1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

How does mlife actually work?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by Chrisnewton, Aug 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all

Just curious as to how mlife actually works. I have to start with saying I am not a big gambler by any means. So 2 years ago me and my wife joined mlife as we go to Vegas every year.

We played some slots and when I forgot my pin number I went to mlife desk and they upgraded me to pearl card. However this year we have just come back and I understand that if you don't gamble enough then you go back etc. So next year I still have a pearl card but it says it runs out in Sept 2015, so will I still be able to use my pearl card next year? And if I am downgraded how will I know?

Just a bit confusing.

Thanks all

Chris

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The mLife caledar year is October 1-September 30. If you get a card you keep it for the remainder of the "year" that you receive it plus the full year following.

For example. I received my platinum card in September 2014. That granted me Platinum privileges for the remainder of the 2014 year, Plus all of 2015. I have since dropped to Gold, so when the year ends, on October 1, I will revert to GOld (my current level).

3. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They reset all your points in October so you will be back to the sapphire level. Your card is still good to use in the machines but if you go to the mlife desk they will give you a new one that is sapphire. If you play the tables the pit boss may do this for you as well.

4. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So I got my pearl card last year which was August 2014,it says September 2015 on it, so when does it run out? And how will I know next year that I can't use it?

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it runs out as it says - Sept 15.

you can still use it after then as the number doesn't change.

6. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your tier (thanks for the correction, Chuck2009x) expires on the date printed on it (9/30/2015). If you want to use privileges that are associated with a tier (such as head of the line buffet privileges), you will need to go to the mLife booth to get a new one at the appropriate level. The person checking the card may not check the expiration date.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  7. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The card doesn't expire, your Tier expires.

On Oct 1, your tier resets to whatever level is appropriate based on how many tier credits you earned in the previous 12 months.

If you happen to go to the MLife desk or a table game and give them your card and they notice you're no longer at that level, they may issue you a new colored card (especially at the MLife desk).

But you can continue to use an old card in machines. I'm still using one I got 3 years ago.

8. Chrisnewton

Chrisnewton High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks very much for all your help, that's cleared that up

9. Jejas

Jejas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    some places do check the name on the card and the expiration date!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.