1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comps downtown

Discussion in 'Comps' started by LtFitzG, Aug 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LtFitzG

LtFitzG Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Does anyone know, for table games what the average bet/hr you would need to play to get a comped standard room/suite downtown. Anywhere but the golden nugget. Thanks!

2. wookie

wookie Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting question because I was dissatisfied with the mug. On the smug nugget I gambled my ass off over two days including 8 hrs at 25 BJ and 4 hrs 100 Bach and all I got off was one night. Crazy. $138 was my room cost btw. And no offers since. Also had some video poker and roulett too. I'm going to the D next and I hope conditions are better.

3. merlin

merlin MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You learned your lesson, anywhere else downtown would be thrilled with that kind of action.

4. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have had really good results at the GN. I am $125-150 avg craps player. I try to split my trips between the strip and downtown and I think the GN treats me very well. I get free rooms in Rush Tower and $125/d for food.

5. dukeofdarby

dukeofdarby High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    agree with merlin 100%----

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The downtown Boyd properties, MSS, Cal & Fremont are very generous with comps, but it usually takes more than one trip. They seem to look at history.

7. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the D, Golden Gate, or Downtown Grand would (and have been) my choices.

8. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've played 10-25 a hand at the D and the Golden Gate and I get room/food/fp offers all the time. I throw in some slots as well. I've played $25 and up at the downtown grand and get decent offers there. I play the same at the Plaza and get rooms there.

9. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it also depends on what denomination you play. I was at the Cal once, a guy was on the crap table playing black and orange chips. The pit bosses kept falling over themselves trying to be nice to the player, offering free meals and offering free rooms for the night for the player.

10. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also think it depends on are you wanting marketing offers or to book rooms whenever and want them comped on the back end?

I recently received an offer from Downtown Grand for 2 nights after playing a $5 craps table playing pass line and placing 1 or 2 numbers for a few hours. Probably around $20 to $30 on the table at a time. Ran a few hundred coin in through video poker too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.