1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Allow myself to introduce...myself.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by fudgewapner, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

I'm a frequent reader of VMB, especially the trip reports of the higher-end players, and the low rollers with lots of pics.

I've been to Vegas likely 20 times. I lived in LA in my early twenties through mid thirties and did many drive outs Friday night and then come back in 24 hours on no sleep. I've lived in San Diego for seven years, and have been to Vegas maybe eight times in that span.Last trip was solo in June. I've found solo trips are great, especially as I've gotten older and need to reduce stress from work/kids. Solo trips I lean towards Monte Carlo or similar mid-tier resort. Trips with the wife are Wynn.

That's all I got!

2. Irishkicker23

Irishkicker23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to VMB! I agree that solo trips are great. I love the freedom to do what I want when I want. The only downside is not having someone to celebrate with when you get a big hit or good run.

3. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the note! Yes, solo trips are really my main trip now. I've had friends go for March Madness or ask to go on a golf trip, but you still have decision making by committee. And some of my friends are quite wealthy and it's hard for me to keep up. I'm with my kids a lot as I work for myself, so it's rare I have a time on my own. I just love setting my schedule. Leisurely buffet, then some bartop VP, pool, then craps at night, or can completely switch the order. There's nobody else to satisfy.

True about the celebration though. I had some good roulette hits on the last trip. I had a nice talk at the table with a hot mom from Montana, and we tried to hit some numbers together, but cheering on with good friends does make it sweeter.

4. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the VMB... we're glad you're here!!! Love the screen name!!!

5. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ditto!

6. B S

B S MIA

Welcome, I would love to see you create a report of your trip or some recaps of your twenties trips.

7. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will do! I might try to go in Sept. for a NFL weekend, but will have to judge budget and work of course.

My early twenties trips were great. Leave LA around 7, get into Vegas around 11 at night. Would usually park at IP since it was centrally located and was just so run down and charming in a skanky way. This was 1999 to about 2002 mainly. We typically hit the Mirage money wheel first. There was a dealer there for years named "Blaze" and we would just ruin him with comments about "Going down in a blaze of glory." etc. You could almost see a bit of his soul break off every time. To be fair, we did tip well when we had even small wins. My friend made $200 several times through $5 on the 40-1 spot on the wheel. The hardest part would be 5 or 6 am when you're running out of energy. We all tried to nap once while sitting at the Circus Circus buffet of listeria, but this worker guy shuttled us off.

We'd then head back around 10 or 11 am. I was often the driver, and that can be a tough drive going 85 with zero sleep. We tried to sleep at a rest stop in the desert once, just laying on the sand, and all got bit by red ants. My friend had a rash on his stomach for a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! It makes me giggle every time like a child! I hope I can contribute some trip reports in the future.

8. B S

B S MIA

Haha shit, that's story delivered more than I thought it would. More if you're willing and have them...

9. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My LA friends were an odd bunch, and loved to play the carny games downstairs at the Excalibur. I don't mean gambling games, but the skeeball, and other county fair games where you could win prizes. I remember one time going through there and each of us won two or three stuffed animals. Keep in mind, we were probably 25, no wives, no kids. While walking around, we then went up to various kids and gave them the stuffies. In hindsight, that's some creepy shit. It's not quite windowless van with shag carpets, but it's still odd.

We were all decent looking and funny dudes too. Did we spend our time going to bars and trying to pull some drunk ladies? Nope, too busy playing ring toss. We did go to Crazy Horse II a lot. My idiot friends still remind me that I asked this hot Asian stripper with broken English "Do you use this?" while tapping her on her lips and inquiring about private dances. So classy.

My other friend loved to do what he called the "Gobot" which was to pull his shirt on top of his head in "Beavis" style and then run as fast as he could across all lanes of the strip. He nearly got hit many times. He was also 6 foot three and 225, which upped the comedy value even more. This again was done with no drinking or drugs.

10. Brick

Brick Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow. Sleeping on the dirt at a rest stop. True degenerate. [emoji41]

11. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Indeed! It was hot too, likely September. That patch of sand likely had some urine and vomit dousings as well. I drove for my latest trip in June and could spot the area where the nap took place about 16 years ago. Now I can stay up to about 2:30 then I need to get some sleep.

12. onebud1

onebud1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Like the Austin Powers homage...

13. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you!! Somebody got it. I figured many people on the board are in the right age for that movie. Mike Meyers really did have great delivery in that role.

14. fudgewapner

fudgewapner High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.