1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Alamo car upgrade costs??

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by lionelhutz, Aug 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    just wondering if anybody has a general idea as to how much it costs to upgrade the type of car with Alamo.

we have an 'intermediate' reserved, but ideally would really like something bigger, and just trying to figure out how much to budget for an upgrade.

2. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. lionelhutz

lionelhutz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    sweet!!

thanks a bunch!!

4. LindaP

LindaP Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We usually book a "compact" or "economy" and find a $5/$10 tip to the lot attendant gets us upgraded to a Chevy Impala without any problem.

- Linda in TX

5. NandJfrmNJ

NandJfrmNJ VIP Whale

We don't even tip and often get an upgrade by just asking. I guess it depends on availability and how much of an upgrade you want.

6. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also depends on the counter clerk or parking lot attendant. No guarantees you will get an upgrade with either though and it also depends on what is available when you arrive. Not sure which type of clerk (male or female, etc.) will give you the better chance of an upgrade. Of course if you are a cute female and go up to a male clerk you may have a better shot of an upgrade, lol. :poke:

I'm not sure if a "sandwich" (a la hotel sandwich trick) trick at the counter will get you a bigger car, has anyone tried the "sandwich" trick at the rental counter? I know it is possible to get an upgrade if you "tip" the attendant but no guarantees on that.

If you want a guaranteed larger car then best to just reserve that car instead of taking a chance with the hope for an upgrade but I guess that the larger car probably costs more to rent.

7. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With smaller cars you usually are just upgraded. For Intermediate, there is a decent chance you will be moved into midsize but it's not as sure of a thing. I would keep checking rates. It's usually cheaper to book a better car now that pay there upgrade costs at check in, unless you want to try and see if they will do it for you in the garage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.