1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Liberace's House

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by TheCooler, Aug 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

I saw an article earlier this year about a guy who purchased Liberace's house and was restoring it as a museum. I was wondering if anyone has heard if they are allowing visitors yet? I will be in town with my grandmother later this year and would love to check it out.

2. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Colts logo, in Vegas with grandma, going to Liberaces house.

I dont see how this cant be a win!!

3. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if it can be visited, but it's sure easy to drive by... especially coming out of the airport on Swenson. You turn on one of those street before Tropicana and it's right down in the neighborhood out front of the Thomas and Mack Center... Very easy to cruise past and then get right back out on Trop.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
  4. TheCooler

She's been hounding me for years to take her. As much as I go I've run out of excuses not to. So we're making it a family trip, which means the family will go entertain themselves while I'm at the tables.

5. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    He was before my time for the most part but I did go to his museum 20 years ago or so. It was in a strip mall, 2 separate areas. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It opened when he was still alive, closed a few years ago. Plans for it to move downtown never came through. It's a shame. If they do the house as a museum, with all the stuff from the original museum, it would be pretty cool.

6. TheCooler

That's what the new owner is planning/doing right now. Looking forward to it.

7. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Before he opened the museum in Vegas, Liberace wanted it located in the Milwaukee area, where he grew up. His childhood house is way too small (attempts to turn that house into an historical site never were successful). He tried to buy a big mansion a few miles from where he was born and put the museum there but he couldn't finalize a deal so he finally decided to put it in Vegas. And that's really where it should be anyway.

8. Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer VIP Whale

Geez.....next we'll have an "Elvis - A - Rama" museum ?

9. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the Elvis-a-Rama was a good museum when it was open. It had a good selection of his stuff and then they had 3 impersonators doing a a show for covering his whole career. I think it is a shame it closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.