1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Penn & Teller at Rio

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by the nuts, Aug 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello everyone,

Its been a while since I posted on this forum and its great to be back. Me and a few friends would like to see the Penn & Teller show at Rio the last week of August. We know what its about and enjoy their magic and comedy. The question I have is in regards to tickets and seats. Years ago when I watched this show, we had the 50% discount tickets and tipped the usher for the couch seats about half way up. But its been a while since I have been inside that theater. Any advice on where to buy the tickets (bet pricing) and which seats are best would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance! :peace:

2. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just get the half price tics of the strip unless travelzoo or goldstar is running a speacial

ps makes sure there not dark they were just in nyc

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1 to what paperposter said.

As for where to sit, to each their own, but I have seen them twice, both times from well back (section 4 and 5 I think) and never had an issue.

4. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice. Since its a large group of 12, do you think it will be a problem with the 50% off tix?

5. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I doubt you'll have an issue at tix4tonite.

But if I recall you get a voucher for a ticket from them and have to actually redeem for your seats at Rio. Getting 12 sitting together could be a challenge, especially on a busier night. I'd go over to Rio early.

6. the nuts

the nuts VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good point. Thanks for that!

7. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no but u wont get 12 seats together best to split up if u want the best seats when u pick them up at the rio

why not call the rio group sales , for there disount directly

8. Lawrencelewis

Lawrencelewis Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

I have been saving up and will be heading across the pond to Vegas for Halloween, landing the day before. I see Penn & Teller have a show on Halloween. Is this likely to be a popular showing? If so am I better buying tickets on the net in advance?

I also have a very amateur questions. I have been looking at places to buy tickets and have seen across various threads tix4tonite as a popular place. If tickets were purchased on the net do they have locations on the strip to collect the tickets or how does it work about actually getting the tickets? Probably a silly question but last time to Vegas didn't get to see a show and I am from UK so not sure how it works over there.

Thanks.

9. paperposter

paperposter MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    no way to answer the hallowen question, its vegas it can be sold out or there can be 4 people.

i didnt know u can purchase t4 tonight on line but if u can legitly yes u can pick up the voucher on the strip from t4 tonight then go to rio and exchange it for ur tickets at the rio box office.

ps make sure there not dark then, they dont usualy sell that far in adabance

unless ur flying in day off halloween just wait and doit when your here

10. reen1962

reen1962 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We got ours at goldstar when they were running a special. There were four of us and I chose seats in a lower section to the right. If you are familiar with Penn and Teller, you know they do quite a bit of audience participation. I was chosen to come up on stage for the goldfish bowl illusion. We enjoyed their show. Our kids were with us, ages 20 and 17, at the time. After the show, Penn and Teller meet the audience and will autograph items and you can have your picture taken with them, very personable! Since I was on stage, they gave me the goldfish bowl as a souvenir and after the show, they autographed it for me. Pretty cool!

It's Been Too Long 'Ol Friend! :-)
  11. bigpatpunisher

bigpatpunisher Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can't buy Tix4Tonight tickets online. That needs to be done in person on the strip. Most shows are only for that day, but some allow you to buy for tomorrow. Depending on the show, you may need to exchange the T4T voucher at the box office. They've started giving the seat assignments on some shows, eliminating that extra step. They're clear about it when you buy them. Hope that helps.

12. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's a pretty big theater and they've been there a long time so there are always some good deals. It's a fun show, well worth it IMHO.

13. Iamrice

Iamrice High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I was you I'd get them ahead of time via Travelzoo or Goldstar. If those aren't options go ahead and pay full price, the show is really great and it sounds like you'd like to see it on Halloween. Don't mess around and miss out.
    We've been more than a dozen times (I was pulled up onstage once!) and we are planning on seeing them again in a little over a week!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.