1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Nice restaurant ( strip ) with several options..

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by Squeak6, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squeak6

Squeak6 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hello everyone..

I’m going to Vegas in October with a bunch of my old college friends ( we’re in the young part of our 40’s ).. we are looking to go to a “nice sit-down restaurant” one night.. something that we have to get dressed up for.. ( not too dressed up.. no tie stuff.. )

What restaurant will satisfy our wide range of tastes.. I like chicken ( breast ).. one likes steak.. one like sushi.. the others are open to whatever ? ( we want to keep the meal under $40PP.. LOL ) ((( some of them are a little tight with their $$ )))

Thanks..

2. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sensi at Bellagio immediately came to mind, then I saw the price point. That's the mid-upper point for mains there. On the Strip and "nice," they're gonna have to step up a bit, I'd say.

3. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    nm, duplicate

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow, that's a tough ask.

With that many different tastes you'd think a buffet would be best, but not really the atmosphere you want.

Does it have to be on the strip or can you drive/cab? Even if we can get your variety that price point will be tough for dinner.

5. queuetee

queuetee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You are going to be hard pressed to find that many different preferences in any one restaurant anywhere in the world...so that person only eats sushi???

A good buffet would fit the price point and the choices needed.

6. Squeak6

Squeak6 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thank you for the quick reply's.. how about 2 out of 3.. a nice American restaurant for that price point..

7. Squeak6

Squeak6 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    we are going to do the buffet thing.. but also wanted to do a nice restaurant..

8. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The tricky part isn't only the variety but the atmosphere you want at that price point.

Can't think of an exact match so I'll throw a bunch out:

Toby Keith's @ Harrahs - In no way the atmosphere you described but they have good southern food and decent variety at your price point.

Pampas - Brazilian Rodizio in Miracle Mile - A little above your price point, but closer to about the right atmosphere and a fun experience for the group. Tix4Tonite often sell discount vouchers that will bring it into your price range. But it will be heavy on the steak, lighter on the chicken or fish.

Some fancier places have a prix fixe menu that would bring them almost to your ballpark (Bacio, Charlie Palmer), but they will also limit your menu options.

Grand Lux Cafe @ Palazzo - I would double check whether prices are within your reach.

Cheesecake Factory - if all else fails this is what you may be reduced to. Please say no.

I know it can be delicate dealing with a group but I'd see if you can get them to stretch their budget.

9. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As others have noted some good options in previous posts above.
    $40 on the strip is challenging...if you can stretch to $50 or switch to lunch, some of these might appeal - some are fairly casual others a bit more upscale - their websites have menus and prices..several have fixed price menus...we have enjoyed all of these..

Mandalay Bay
    RM Seafood (Rick Moonen) - price fixe lunch menu is worthy - love this place.
    Fleur - lunch or dinner
    Charlie Palmer Steakhouse - MJ one tribute price fixe menu $49 plus drinks
    Venetian/Palazzo
    Table 10 (Emeril) - "Taste of Table 10" fixe price $48
    Morels - Bistro - Summer tasting menu $45
    Grand Lux Cafe (casual but nice) - huge variety menu and good food - always crowded.

I'm sure others will have great options as well - either way enjoy your upcoming stay and keep us posted on your food adventures!

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are hundreds of options. I would start with your hotel and then spread from there. We love M-Bay, but if staying at Mirage, I doubt we would haul our butt down there.

11. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It also depends on how many courses you wanted, whether the $40/pp includes drinks, and what the people with different price points want to eat. It's a little higher than what you wanted, and a no go if you're including drinks, but Stack at Mirage might not be a bad option. There's chicken within your price range, you're priced out of the actual steaks but they have a great burger, and while not "sushi" per se, there are a couple sushi-esque appetizers (tuna tartare, yellowtail sashimi, and spicy crab) that I've definitely made a meal out of before.

12. iamsomedude

iamsomedude High-Roller

A place that is not Las Vegas, but I wish it was.
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Your asking points are nigh impossible in Vegas for dinner, so I would recommend you eat the nice restaurant for lunch, if you're willing to do so. If you're eating lunch at the Wynn Country Club during a weekday, it's a great experience, especially if you have a table next to the window that is overlooking the golf course. The food is within your price limit, the portions are large, the food quality is great, and the restaurant is classy. Do the buffet for dinner.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.