1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Flamingo suggestions please...

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by mare592, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mare592

mare592 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are staying at the Flamingo for 2 comped nights in September; please give me your best ideas for nice rooms. I am willing to pay for an upgrade, don't care about the view at all, and don't care about tubs...just a really nice clean room. Thanks!

2. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am upgrading to a GO room in November. The GO rooms are much better than the FAB rooms. The GO rooms have walk in showers which i like, as well as 42" TV, Coffee Makers, and Fridges.
    I have a FAB room booked, but plan on using the sandwich at check in.

3. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have tried the $20 a few times at Flamingo. No luck. Couldn't even pay for the upgrade, as nothing was available. When are you going in November?

4. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm going the week before Thanksgiving. I usually check in at 4 pm. I'm arriving on a Monday. Never had a problem using the tip at any Caesar's Hotel. I was just at Bally's in June with my standard North Tower room, at check in i used the tip to get a Jubilee room on a high floor. Great room.
    Some hotels, like PHO, which i stayed at twice in 2014, i don't use the tip, just asked for a higher floor and got it.
    Some Hotels, like Bally's and Flamingo, there is substantial benefits in getting the Jubilee and GO rooms, like Coffee Maker, Fridge, walk in showers, etc, so for me the tip is useful.
    It depends on the Hotel. At Flamingo in November, i'm paying $2 per night @6 nights........so i may use the $40 tip to get the GO room as my room rates are so incredibly cheap. So i will use the $20, but keep another $20 just in case.
    But nothing is guaranteed, just play it by ear, have you're tip ready, including a larger tip if needed, be friendly, and accept whatever they give you.
    It's all just a gamble.......good luck.

5. Tank45

Tank45 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be arriving to Flamingo that Monday as well!!!

6. mare592

mare592 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So a GO room is a nicer room than a FAB room?

7. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Correct.

8. obidos

obidos Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    my wife and I were pleasantly surprised at how much the renovation helped the hotel. We stayed last year and had a GO room.

9. TheMadCows

TheMadCows Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The GO rooms are very nice.They either face the strip or the garden/pool area.I've had both and both are great views.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.