1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

TR Rewards Credits Question

Discussion in 'Comps' started by vegasvic, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If there's a thread on this I apologize, please point me to it.

Preface: My gambling is spread out, I'm not loyal to any property or any company so I don't really get comps other than some room discounts for being a players club member (one exception, GVR somehow offered me a 3 nights comped room after playing craps for 20-30 minutes, that's where I'm staying the first part of my trip next month) .

But I now have about 12,000 rewards credits from Total Rewards. If my research is correct the ratio is $1 comps for every 100 points. Is this correct? I would then have $120 to spend on food, shows, etc... or whatever I want at any CET property.

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is correct, for the most part.

You get a worse rate to convert it to freeplay, though. And some places (usually discount eating options) charge twice the normal reward credits to eat there.

Note: also be aware that they can expire in 6 months if you don't redeem them or earn more.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you. We were actually thinking of using it to eat, I'll have to find out which places will charge me more credits.

I also assume if I wanted to use the credits for show tickets I wouldn't be able to do it if I bought tix online before we go...

4. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Searsucker at Caesars and Yong Kang Street at Paris are the two that come to mind immediately as 2X point restaurants.

5. john1516inny

john1516inny High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you are staying at a CET property the second half of your trip, charge any restaurant meals to your room and at the end of the stay, use your tr credits to pay any room charges.

6. eaglejohn

eaglejohn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If used at restaurant, no tax. If charged to room, tax will be added

7. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I know Searsucker in Caesars accepts TR credits, but at a 2:1 ratio. Mon Ami will not accept TR credits directly. For Mon Ami, you would have to go to the TR desk and obtain a voucher. The downside is that you need to guesstimate you dinner cost. Any overage will no be returned to you.

I have always thought that restaurants will not charge tax when TR credits are used. It's been reported on VMB that it is not always the case.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  8. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found though that using at restaurant you don't earn more RC on that meal. Our plan next trip is to charge to room and pay off upon checkout using RC's.

9. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I doubt you would receive any TR credits for doing that.
    I charge everything to my room. I write my TR # on restaurant bills that have a blank spot for it. My host clears all my charges, after my TR credits have been exhausted. I have never received any TR credits for anything charged to my room.

10. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I am sure that we won't have enough RC's to clear the meals, the 1 night room and resort fees.

11. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You only earn RC's on amounts you actually pay for. Anything that is paid with RC or comped do not earn RCs

12. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have encountered paying the tax numerous times on my recent trips. I did variations of paying at the venue and room charging & I always track all starting and ending RCs (a bit OCD to be honest, but I watch everything closely now when I am trying to get 500 or 1000 TC per day to get the bonuses). I have been charged sales tax in both situations so I have just gone back to straight room charging.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.