1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Name your top 3 musical groups/performers you would like to see in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Mirageluvr, Aug 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMO, there is nothing like seeing a concert in Vegas. We have been to concerts in Atlantic City, Miami and Washington DC, but it's not the same as seeing one in Vegas. For whatever reason, the vibe and atmosphere is on another level. A few years ago I took my wife to see Cher at Caesers , and she loved it....me, okay. Five years ago we saw Kenny Chesney at the Mandalay Bay and he rocked the house. Seeing Richard Marx at the Orleans in a small venue was amazing. With that said, I would love to see the following three acts in Vegas:

1) Journey...two years ago they opened for Rascal Flatts in Atlantic City and stole the show, and we love RF.
    2) Keith Urban....I know he has played at the Cosmopolitan and has received rave reviews. We want to see him in person, as we love his sound and songs.
    3) Bryan Adams....my wife's favorite Canadian. She loves his music, and what makes her happy makes me happy. :kiss:

What are your top three?

2. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheap Trick (saw them in 2006)

Maroon 5

Green Day

3. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I are on our deck in Ijamsville Maryland enjoying a beautiful sunset while sipping a rum and coke, and we have the best of Journey playing. With that aside, we love Cheap Trick. LOL A couple years ago we saw Styx, REO Speedwagon and Ted Nugent at the Planet Hollywood...what a concert...WOW!!!

4. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Assuming we don't have a time machine, I'd probably go with:

1. Wilco
    2. Jack White (with one of his backing bands not one of his many short-lived "super" groups)
    3. Gillian Welch and Dave Rawlings

I'd love to have seen The Band, The Who, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles and umpteen other legends in their prime. But I've seen too many of these guys play "live" on TV in recent years and, well, it's almost always really depressing. (Seriously, did anyone see McCartney on that SNL anniversary special? So painful to watch.:cry:)

Dylan was great up until 5-10 years ago and then the voice went completely. If I could go back and see him during one of his high points (mid-60's, mid-70's, or again around the turn of the 21st century), I'd do it in a heartbeat. But in 2015? No gracias.

I'm probably going to see Dwight Yoakam next month...hoping he still has something left in the tank.

5. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen Yoakam, and he still has it...enjoy.

6. pphold

pphold pp Park Place Degenerate

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Top 3

Def Leppard
    Pink Floyd
    Van Halen

so I know two out of my three will be in Vegas.

Here is the bad part I have seen all three many times but have never seen my top 3 in Vegas. Actually in the last 10 years i have not seen anything headline shows besides the standard shows there. Seen all of the Cirque De Soleil Shows and post of the CET shows.

Still need to see Jeff Dunham

7. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Excellent! Thanks. :beer: I'll go ahead and get tickets - I just found out he was going to be in my neck of the woods last night.

8. Nuggithed

Nuggithed Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jack White
    Rose Hill Drive
    Foo Fighters

But if I had a "way back" machine, it would be the Who and Frank Zappa, the two greatest live acts ever.

9. VegasDiva

VegasDiva VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wished I could have seen the Rat Pack /Elvis! but was just a bit late for that party! )-:
    the original Who line up
    and Led Zep

still holding out hope for :

Rolling Stones
    Rod Stewart ~ at Caesars ~~ (still need to get him to coordinate MY time to vegas lol) ~ have seen him 2x already here in Calgary
    Bryan Adams ~ seen him several times here in calgary

10. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pink
    Shaggy

satisfied with those two, won't get greedy and ask for a third!

11. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We saw Journey at the Hard Rock back in May. I thought we got tickets about 30 rows back since we were in section CC. Ended up being front row, left side of stage. Here's a pic of my wife so close to Arnel Pineda that she could bite his ankle.

[​IMG]

We also Saw Jimmy Buffett for the first time at the MGM last year, great show. Boston and Cheap trick (at HRH), Styx and Foreigner (at Orleans) too.

I've seen about all the bands I would like too. But if I had to pick a couple it would be O.A.R, and Zac Brown band.

Later this year we're seeing Scorpions at HRH.

Attached Files:

12. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    OMG, what an awesome pic. Did the two of you enjoy the concert? I'm jealous.

13. wpete

wpete High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great show. I was partially deaf for 5 days in the left ear. I was about 4 feet away from a stage amp and at times my knees would actually buckle.

My wife has always dreamed of seeing Journey, especially since the new lead singer is Filipino, as she is.

14. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:

Ariel Pineda has an unbelievable voice/range and his energy is over the top. Steve Perry was incredible, but Arnel is very close talent wise.

15. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I love Elvis and Frank. Back in the late 80's/90's a Vegas trip was never complete without seeing either Wayne Newton, Tom Jones or Englebert Humperdink....not sure if any of these guys still perform.

16. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Human Nature

I've seen them 12 times (6 @ Imperial Palace, 4 @ Venetian, once each in Boston and Ft Lauderdale.) Will definitely see them again on my next trip.

17. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's about fun for us. I second Human Nature. They're lots of fun, and nobody puts more into the performance. We had the most fun at Jimmy Buffett, but that was 7 years ago and Jimmy isn't getting any younger. For my third show, I'll choose someone many of you have not heard of. The Speaks Brothers used to give a hell of a free show on Fremont.

Among the missing so far are several of the long-time Caesars resident performers, including (drum roll)....Celine. Also, no Garth.

This is probably sacrilege, but here goes. Based on clips I've seen, I wonder if Frank Sinatra was really at his best in Vegas with all his buddies getting into the act. I'm not so sure it would have been all that much fun for me. I'd rather have seen him alone.

18. john1516inny

john1516inny High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would love to see Coldplay, Springsteen in a small arena and Neil Young

19. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Patti Labelle. And if Boys II Men can get a residency, why not Morris Day and the Time?

20. vegasfan

vegasfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's funny, my three have all been mentioned already.
    Def Leppard
    Cheap Trick (saw them once in Vegas already, would go again in a heartbeat)
    Journey

I'll sneak in a fourth pick...Sweet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.