1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Restaurant that left you disappointed

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by duoglide, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. insecurityguard

insecurityguard Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is disappointing...we've been trying to decide between Wicked Spoon and Bacchanal for our one big buffet meal on our honeymoon next month, and have been leaning more toward WS. It seems like people have been disappointed by both.

2. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gordon Ramsey BurgR is one of the least favorable restaurants I've eaten at anywhere....

3. Rodent Pack

Rodent Pack S.S. Minnow

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely agree about BurGR...food and service was poor.

4. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i like it, been several times with several different people and never had a single issue food or service wise...

5. snyders91

snyders91 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We weren't impressed with tequilla & taco's last year. Also we have ate at Toby Keith's Bar and Grill in past trips and thought the food was pretty good.last years trip wife and I both thought it went down hill and service was terrible. Others that made our list were rainforest cafe and dicks last resort ( though we found the place fun ). Hope the poster who listed 9 fine irishmen just had bad luck that day as we will be trying them on our trip in september.

6. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    StripSteak at Mandalay Bay. Steak was OK and our bottle of wine was not good! That was 3 years ago and haven't been back, yet this is our resort of choice. When we want steak house we go over to Charlie Palmers in four seasons and have yet to be disappointed.

7. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a buffet nut and for your situation its Bacchanal and it's not even close. And this is coming from someone who doesn't eat there much.

It is much more of an experience, the food is very good with a nice variety. Wicked spoon feels closer to a cafeteria in comparison (exaggerating for effect). :)

8. BottomsUp

BottomsUp Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:

Same here re. JS, got a case of food poisoning off the lobster a couple yrs ago.

9. Dan_Tanna

Dan_Tanna Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eiffel Tower restaurant. Steaks were mediocre at best and not worth anywhere near the $70 price of each.

10. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would say STK is another that left me somewhat disappointed. Overall it was a good meal but the steak wasnt what I expected it was just mediocre at best but still the top premium steak prices......restaurant did have a cool vibe though I will give it that but when I go for steak it is 98% about that steak.

11. lulucob

lulucob Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Strip House at PH was horrible when we ate there last September. I mean bad.

12. Anew

Anew Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sometimes I wonder if I had the same experience at home vs. Vegas would I be just as disappointed. But, let's face it on vacation, especially in Vegas, we expect great. With that said my #1 worst restaurant experience (ate there twice) was at Tom Colicchio's Steak @ Mirage. My biggest disappointment was definitely Aureole @ Mandalay Bay. Other restaurants lacking in either service or food quality were The Pantry @ Mirage, Margaritaville, Todd English Pub @ Aria, and Gallagher's @ NY NY.

On a positive note, it seems my favorite restaurants and best experiences are all at Paris: Mon Ami Gabi, Gordon Ramsay's Steak, and Eiffel Tower restaurant. They always bring us back.

13. deezn00

deezn00 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gordon ramsay steak. Food is okay but service was terrible. If I'm paying $100 plus a person, I expect a certain level of service

14. PayTriple

PayTriple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    +1
    And our steaks were gristlely.

15. jbpiv01

jbpiv01 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tap sports bar in MGM...had the Jack burger, asked for med came well done (dry) bun was cold and sure that it was leftover from the day before. The place was not busy, so they had no excuse! Never going back there

16. vegas7979

vegas7979 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We ate there last year twice and it was awesome...maybe you just hit them on a bad night.

Aureole at Mandalay Bay was a bust. I had to send my steak back twice, and way over priced IMO.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2015
  17. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Citizens at Mandalay Bay. French Dip was mediocre at best. Buffalo chicken sandwich was $18 for 3 small chicken strips on a bun with fries. I know Vegas is expensive and all that but $46 after tip for two sandwiches and no drinks, they should be better. There are many better options. The chicken tender place at MGM was way better the next day for half the price.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.