1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Encore: Do I get anything for saying it's my four year anniversary?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by scc31, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Technically my SO and I been together for 4 years and this short trip (unfortunately) will be for that occassion. While we're a month away, I'm thinking of just saying it's our 4 year celebration and ask for a higher room for some strawberries or something. I wouldn't mind tipping or paying for said items either.

Bonus question: What if I want a bottle of campaign or whatever, how would I proceed to get that chilled and in the room when we get in there Sunday morning? (OFC willing to pay for that)

Staying in a Encore Resort Suite King

2. 2tweetz

2tweetz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    tell the concierge prior to check in you want something special for your "anniversary". If you are willing to pay, they will accommodate.

From Encore's Website:

To contact the concierge please call (702) 770-7070 or email [email protected]. We will respond to requests within 24 hours.

3. Malibugolfer

Malibugolfer High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do realize just how many people every day check-in to mega resorts and are celebrating many more than 4 years living together. That and birthdays, and any other significant event are all too common.
    Won't hurt to ask.

4. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Exactly why I was wondering! I figured they'll be like "oo thanks for staying at us for your occasion." and brush it off since they see it so often. But liek you all said, it won't hurt to ask I guess.

5. Irishkicker23

Irishkicker23 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My Dad did this for my Mom at the Treasure Island for their 30th and they had a bottle of champaign and chocolate covered strawberries waiting in the room. However, he asked his host to take care of it before they arrived and she never charged them.

6. VegasRandy

VegasRandy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm sure you'll get a sincere congrats from the member of the front desk staff.

Have a nice trip!

7. celticnoel79

celticnoel79 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've just asked a similar question on another thread. I hope you get something sorted I'll be trying the same at Elara, good luck!

8. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Four years isn't that long....just sayin'.

9. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For this I think your best option will be to actually ask for any upgrades (IE: "its our anniversary, do you have any upgrade options available?") than to just throw it out there that its an anniversary or special date and wait and see if anything comes of it - as others have said: there are going to be lots and lots of other people who are there celebrating something or other.

For something like having chilled Champagne in the room waiting for you: you can call and ask when making your reservation, but in all likelihood there wouldn't be anything in the room waiting for you but could be sent up - there can be delays in your arrival so having something just sitting there waiting could be spoiled or the chilled Champagne warmed up, plus you were even indicating you might want to ask for/pay for a higher room - wouldn't help if your chilled Champagne is sitting in a room on the 7th floor if they upgrade you to the 20th floor, as an example... plus they might not even have your room allocated until you actually check in (IE: when you check in there might be 6 rooms that match your reservation that are available and they might just randomly assign one of those to you).

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would agree that having something waiting may not happen. After all, they often do not what room you will have. If you were a "player", they would block out a room and have something there.

11. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Touche. and I know relationships that go longer and sink out of no where. But 4 years for me is the longest! (Only 26y/o) so I'm actually extremely happy that I made it this long in a relationship. :)

This! I'm going to try this. If anything whatever happens/or doesn't happen will be fine. Just wondering if it was worth mentioning.

Also, I noticed that the rooms are like $30 cheaper/night and I would save $60 on a non-refundable reservation for the 2 nights there. Unfortunately, I've already booked my rooms on a nonrefundable deal that I did a couple months back when I planned this trip. If I call and ask for an adjustment would there be any chance that I can get the price of the room booked adjusted to be slightly cheaper one they currently have? I'm assuming they're going to say sorry what you booked was non-refundable, but technically I'm not asking for a refund but just a price adjustment... I've done this twice in New York and in Los Angeles at Hyatt and a Mariott (respectively) for Non-refundable booked rooms and got my money back both times, so I'm thinking of doing this again.

12. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also, I noticed that the rooms are like $30 cheaper/night and I would save $60 on a non-refundable reservation for the 2 nights there. Unfortunately, I've already booked my rooms on a nonrefundable deal that I did a couple months back when I planned this trip. If I call and ask for an adjustment would there be any chance that I can get the price of the room booked adjusted to be slightly cheaper one they currently have? I'm assuming they're going to say sorry what you booked was non-refundable, but technically I'm not asking for a refund but just a price adjustment... I've done this twice in New York and in Los Angeles at Hyatt and a Mariott (respectively) for Non-refundable booked rooms and got my money back both times, so I'm thinking of doing this again.[/QUOTE]

Who did you book with? If you booked with a third party rather than directly with the hotel then no, the hotel will likely not adjust the rate as you have not paid them, you paid the third party.

13. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

I booked directly through their site Wynninsider

14. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Then I would definitely give them a call to see if they will adjust the rate for you.

15. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Thanks! That's what I did. And while I already paid she was able to give me the difference in room cost as resort credit for food, etc. Even tho it's not much, it's something!!

16. armybrat

armybrat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stayed at the Cosmo for our 45th anniversary several years ago,

Didn't even get comped a shot of Metamucil.

17. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

:nworthy:45years?!?! awesome !

18. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the place isn't packed, a "Panoramic Suite" is an easy upgrade to score. Unfortunately, while that used to mean the top handful of floors, now it means the top 50% of floors, I believe. Better than getting stuck six floors up with a view of a few dozen A/C units but nothing spectacular unless you're up really high.

(If you go to bed before 4 am, ask for a north-facing, aka quiet, room or you'll hear/feel the bass from the club.)

19. BadKarma

BadKarma Vegas Degenerate - Still Royal Flushless

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is exactly what you'll get!!

Was checking into Encore on my last stay and the sweet girl at the desk asked if I was celebrating anything this trip. I told her it was my 50th birthday. She did some typing, wished me a sincere Happy Birthday, then handed me my room keys. I totally expected chocolate covered strawberries at the very least, but nope, I got nothing. Not even a card. Oh well.

Enjoy your stay!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.