1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Cravings brunch @ Mirage on Fridays these days

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by FamousMike, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FamousMike

FamousMike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With the recent news that the Mirage might be sold, I'm wondering what kind of spread they have on the buffet these days compared to how it's been before. Have they cut back? With the MyVegas comp only being offered Mon-Thur, I'm hoping it's ascendingly better Friday-Sunday. I know they traditionally have great spreads for brunch on holiday weekends, and the average weekend will at least have crab legs and prime rib (that's what I'm looking for) and a decent sushi selection with hand rolls (that's what she's looking for) available. If any of you wonderful people have been there recently on a typical Friday, I'd appreciate your feedback.

Cheers!

Mike

2. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We had brunch at Mirage on a Friday in April and we were disappointed. Honestly, the best things and what I filled up on was the free Moscato wine, shrimp, and guacamole. There were too many breakfast items for our liking. We were there about 2:00 PM, which was really like 5:00 PM to us, and we weren't in the mood for pancakes and bacon. Desserts have always been a weak point at Mirage, and this time was no exception.

This lady has many video reviews of buffets. She gave Mirage a high recommendation in the past, but her latest lunch review in May had her disappointed as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZpYLyXjVsM

3. FamousMike

FamousMike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you so much, Candy Apple! That's kinda what I was afraid of. The unlimited beer and wine option is nice, but the original plan was to try Hash House for the first time for something different and I've heard good things about it on here before. What about Wicked Spoon for brunch on a Friday? I might relapse into my former buffet junkie-hood if they're as good for brunch as they are for dinner in the past.

4. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's been a year since I've been to the mirage buffet but my favorite thing about that one is the salad bar lady. Salad bars can get so nasty but they have (had) a person making it for you then tossing it with your dress in choice!! Love love loved that!!! No nasty gross salad bar and I get all my fresh raw veggies! Going back next month and hope they still have the salad like that!!

5. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They no longer toss the salad for you.

6. Onmyown32

Onmyown32 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    noooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm sad!

7. rolotumasi

rolotumasi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    they always seem to have several sugar-fee items at the desert station. As a Diabetic that keeps me happy

8. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be dining at the Mirage buffet Monday morning. I will order an omelet with everything in it, and add all the sides. I will drown it down with an IPA....I can't wait. :beer:

9. ezmoney74

ezmoney74 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had brunch there on a Thursday, 3 weeks ago @ 1pm. I had a really good steak and eggs breakfast. The steak was an excellent piece of prime rib, and the eggs were a freshly made omelette from the omelette station. I also had some sushi, it wasn't bad. Every time I've been there over the last few years, it's been pretty solid. Would still recommend.

10. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I wanted to hear...sushi for breakfast...can't wait. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.