1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Small bitch about Downtown Grand

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by Joe, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's not major, but an irritation. I have two night offers for DTG for July and August and both include $80 in freeplay.
    Anyway, I was double booked there for Sat & Sun, Aug 1 & 2. My wife says she'd like to use their pool Saturday morning and I know last time we did this, they were checking room keys for entrance.

So since I have 2 nights in July and 2 nights in August I called to see if I could change my reservation to July 31 & Aug 1, that way I could get the room key Friday night. Not allowed. There must be 48 hours between offers. I said I only want two nights, but she claimed their system wouldn't allow me to do that. Oh, I could buy Friday for $99+

Oh well, I'm sure she can probably sweet talk her way into the pool.

2. debitncredit

debitncredit Tourist

You should be okay just doing 8/1 and 8/2. I tried to check in before 11 AM and they said they'd call me when the room was ready. I checked my bags and went to Le Thai for lunch. While I was waiting for my seat, DTG called me that the room was ready. Just go there 8/1 morning and try to check in. If they say the room's not ready, just ask for a room key (even if it's a dud) so you can use the pool. Last time I was there, there was no one checking the key even on weekends.

That is a little weird about their offers, though. I guess it's in place specifically so people can't stay for 4 nights straight, but I understand how you'd be annoyed. Have fun there!

3. LoveDowntownVegas

LoveDowntownVegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had this same issue a few months ago. I don't understand their system. At my other mainstays if you have "x" free nights in July, even if you book on July 31 they will honor the stay up to the number of nights on the offer..

4. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just wish they'd release the September offers already. First I was told July 7, now it is July 31. I hate not having a room reserved five weeks before a trip.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  5. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you checked for your offers online? My September offers showed up today.

6. mjames1229

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been checking my phone app and all of mine still expire Sept 1.

Logged in on-line and shows the same. But the fact that you have offers gives me hope that mine are right around the corner!

7. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had the same situation, I ended up with 1 night staying. I gave them good play even played some losing slots and no comped rooms now?

8. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fwiw, I was there last week and they were not checking room keys at the pool. I had the same situation as debitncredit. Room wasn't ready, I went to eat and they texted me it was ready around 11:00. I've used the dummy room keys at other hotels in the past so I could access the pool.

9. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the same boat, I need an offer for oct 1 to show up.

Joe, what room type were you in? I'm wanting to get a sense of how the rooms are as I've never stayed at DTG.

10. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They weren't checking keys when I was there two weeks ago. We hit it for three days in a row and no one ever asked.

11. debitncredit

debitncredit Tourist

Can someone else confirm that September offers are showing up? Mine hasn't. Just wondering whether my offers have dried up.

12. RedRock702

RedRock702 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't confirm that the Sept ones have shown up since mine through the APP expire 9/1/2015. Funny tho, all of a sudden now I only get Sun - Thurs and weekend rates at $39! But, the mailers I receive seem to be better than the ones through the APP. I guess I won't hold my breath too much as I'm hoping to use offers for my October trip.

13. keno60

keno60 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They have been very inconsistent and tight with me. I give them decent play, that should give me 2 nights at least.

14. abescan

abescan Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did not get anything in the mail yet and checked on line for Sep.and nothing so I called and some guy named Jazz looked it up and said I had 2 free nights Sun-Thurs. I asked about the free play and food that Have showing up on my mailings but he said nothing shows up about that this time. He did say the mailings should be here this week for Sep/Oct.

15. jh46

jh46 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just checked and they have updated my offers on their website and their app for Sept, Oct, and Nov. I can get 4 nights in a premium room and $35 free play. It is good to see them finally sending out offers to Canadians! I will have to take them up on one sometime. Does anyone know if I can just use the freeplay offer without staying there? It is separate from the room offer and says nothing about having to stay there in order to get it. If so, I will definitely take advantage of it on my upcoming trip!

16. mjames1229

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FINALLY got my DTG offer... 4 nights in a premium room and $20 in free play. I booked it before they could change their mind (or sell out... most of my other offers didn't include Saturday 9-12. Don't know if that has something to do with the Mayweather fight or not)

17. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    jh46, mjames1229

How are you seeing your offers on their website? I can't find anywhere to enter player's account info. Thanks for the help.

18. jimboguy

jimboguy MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.downtowngrand.com/offers/your-offers/
    Just enter your player's card number and your zip code

19. mjames1229

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've also downloaded the Downtown Grand app onto my Android, and it works the exact same way.

20. marksind

marksind VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks jimboguy. I just confirmed my low roller status! I'm not showing any offers past 8/31, and those aren't great. Interesting that they are apparently releasing offers beyond then to bigger players. Makes sense, but I've not seen that before. Just bigger offers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.