1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Comp rooms offered immediately after my return, but two days later NONE.

Discussion in 'Comps' started by GottaLuvCruising, Jul 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GottaLuvCruising

GottaLuvCruising High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got home from 6 nights (5 of them comp) at Harrah's this weekend. Monday night I took a peek at room rates for next spring and there were comp rooms all over the place, most weeks I could get five nights comp. But I checked yesterday, ready to book a week and NOTHING. No comp nights at all. Is this typical? Will they come back?

2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you play more or less than usual on your stay?

There seems to be a lag between a stay, and changes in a person's calendar. So if you played light the comps could have been based your pre-trip rating, and the offers could be gone.

But rates also tend to fluctuate. Not much you can do but keep checking.

3. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The calendar seems to change daily, sometimes more than once a day. Just keep checking, I'm sure they'll come back.

4. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wish I had booked when they were there!

That may be the case. I kept losing, so I did play less than usual during early part of my stay. Things picked up the last couple days and I was coming out ahead, so played a bit more. We'll see.... If my comp rooms don't come back, I'll book a package with air & hotel.

5. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Will do that for sure. We're both retired now, so can go almost anytime. I just like to swim in the morning, so prefer warm weather.

6. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard it takes Weeks/Months for your most recent activity to effect your offers, so I wouldn't worry about it

7. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Offers and calendar rates are not the same thing.

8. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yup, I'm looking at the calendar as we have all kinds of flexibility. I'd just like 5 comp nights and a reasonable Friday rate. Should have booked when it was there....hindsight is 20/20!!!

9. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a similar approach. But if I know I am likely to be back at a particular time, I like locking in the comps for that future trip before even taking the one in between. A $0 reservation costs you nothing.

10. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So true. I do not KNOW, but offers take time to populate, mail, etc. In the past when we could see our ADT, it was part of the booking engine. It would take your ADT and adjust the calendar accordingly. That number is realtime, so if your play dropped a bit the free rooms on the calendar would drop.

Another explanation is that sometimes they look at the last xx number of visits or days and do an average across those. If an older unusually high trip gets dropped out the average.... well... bingo.

One other explanation. They constantly more the number of comp rooms up and down based on bookings, events, and the mood of marketing and finance. So, within minutes of one rate check to the next - bang! One could easily assume it was a result of a stay, or spending, or one of hundreds of other events when in reality it had nothing to do with those events.

11. Harry Lyme

Harry Lyme VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've learned from Borgata to just grab it when you see it and cancel later. They are the fastest gun in the West with room offers. After my first real trip there I saw comped rooms by 6AM. Prior to my last trip a few weeks ago, I could get a Classic or Club room comped every day except Friday and Saturday, naturally. I went with some friends for a birthday party and played half my usual there and come the next morning, save for one or two days, not a comped room in sight. At least, as of yesterday, rooms were up for September and October, so I grabbed one in September that I'll probably have to cancel. I was looking forward to getting a room there in August, but I gotta settle for Harrah's AC. That's actually ok since I've been lucky there the past year.

Good luck!!

12. hotreds

hotreds Illegitimi non carborundum!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There appears to be no rhyme or reason to room prices. Since- so far- you can cancel with no penalty, I'd just grab the comp rooms. I looked at Atlantic City rooms a few months ago just for the fun of it and noticed I could get comped ocean view rooms at Caesars so I grabbed them. Those same rooms now are $300 a night. So, go figure! Just keep checking. I do daily!

13. jgates8

jgates8 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    GLC - one thing I have noticed (and I mention it because of the timing of your post). When one of the big airlines (normally SW) offers a huge fare sale, all of a sudden comps 'vaporize'. It has actually gotten to the point where I will play with it on the calendar just for amusement. I think a lot of people will not book a flight until they know they have a room also. So SW drops rates & the hotels say 'hey, everyone will want to be booking their flight let's up the rates'. I have always only been looking in my own account so I don't know if they adjust regular room rates or just eliminate comp rooms. But it is amusing to watch a lot of your rooms go from zero to $$$ and then a day or so after the sale they are back to comp.

Reminds me a bit of trying to book a flight with Delta using miles. You can start at 37,500 (most of the time). If you don't book that flight immediately and go back in later that evening or next day the flight is then 50,000 miles. Have to go thru and view about 5 other flights a couple of times and then BANG the original flight you actually wanted is all of a sudden back to 37,500 miles. I have had to do this at least 4 times with Delta as the pricing would go up if I didn't book immediately.

Easter again..:
  14. GottaLuvCruising

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting...I didn't even suspect that they were that clever! I keep checking every day, but we still aren't certain when we'd like to return.

15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We need to remember that calendar rates are dymanic. If enough people just do searches on a set of dates, the rates will start to go up because they figure their is enough interest to justify a higher price. If they don't get enough bookings, things will start to go down.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.