1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots If you had $100 to spend on slots for a play, what will you choose?

Discussion in 'Slots' started by scc31, Jul 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Okay, this might have been asked before. (and I know for a lot of you $100 is probably chump change!)

I think for me, who's primarily a Sports better and Table player, I'm planning to spend just $100 on slots this time around. (I've never gambled on Slots just because... I never really fancied it until reading all the VMB TRs.

My question is, what would you guys play if you had only $100 to splurge on slots?

I'm thinking of either spending $1.00 Double Diamond or play something like Michael Jackson or Alice in the Wonderland for .01 spin.

And once I'm out of $100, I'll prob be done with slots for this trip. Not really looking for a handpay as oppose to just sitting down possibly getting a drink or two while possibly winning something small and cashing out to waste time.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  2. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I do three things in Vegas gambling wise, in order of time spent - Craps; Sportsbet/Video Poker; Slots (largely when my wife gets lonely and wants me to join her)

When I'm playing slots it sounds like I do what you want to do, get some free drinks, be entertained, and make my money last. I have no issue throwing a few K at a game or on craps table, but when it comes to slots, I'm a tightwad. I enjoy the "branded/licensed" games most - Lord of the Rings, Willy Wonka, etc. They tend to have fun effects and sounds, interesting bonuses, etc. The downside is I feel like my money goes faster on them. But if you're looking for just a good time that would be my suggestion.

My wife, who plays slots to win will play those, but spends more time on the more "generic" looking slots...and that's where she wins more money.

My personal belief, completely uneducated, is that the licensed machines may pay out bigger bonuses (in the forms of progressives, etc), but generally pay out a lot less for a casual player.

3. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Keep in mind, penny slots cost more than .01. Most minimum bets are 50 cents if not more.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you play less than a few bucks a spin in penny slots, you will probably walk away disappointed.

And slot with a HIGHER jackpot will pay out less for the average player than one with a lower jackpot. (it needs to take in more money to pay for that big payout, over a longer period).

Most of those "named" slots tend to have an even lower payout.

Dollar slots tend to pay back slightly higher in most cases.

5. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I play table games, and when talked into it, a little VP. Nonetheless, if I HAD to run $100 (or any amount) through slot machines, I try to find one of the ancient old-fashioned types having three reels with cherries, lemons, plums, bar, etc. Did they ever have names? I sincerely doubt if any of the "modern and fun" machines provide any better odds; and with the old ones, you don't have to go to slot player school to figure out what in the heck is going on!

On second thought, I'd probably play Mega Bucks or similarly large progressive. I wouldn't have to endure playing as long, and I'd at least have the slim chance of winning something substantial.

6. TIMSPEED

TIMSPEED Money’s on the way, with CashNetUSA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, even the lowest bet penny machine is going to be between 30¢ and 50¢ a whack...
    I mean, on $100, you could last a long time...it's usually what I do..take five $20 bills and play five different machines, minimum betting (Bier Haus, Lil' Red, and Giants Gold are some of my favorites)

7. HuskerBB

HuskerBB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I never play slots - but to answer your question I would get on one of those "Deal or No Deal" machines with the four chairs together. That looks like it might be fun - but I suspect they have a high house advantage like most of those novelty penny slots.

8. WDMJB

WDMJB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would play $0.25 Bonus Poker, preferably at MSS. If only slots, then $0.25 Blazing Sevens to make that $100 last.

9. FamousMike

FamousMike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For $100 as your max, take it downtown and look for a classic-type penny slot (Blazing 7's, Double Diamonds, etc.) that you'll enjoy and play max bet. On the Strip it'll be gone before you get a drink, and betting anything other than max is always a waste of money. Sometimes max on a penny slot is close to $3 a spin, but you get more action with multiple pay lines that can keep that $100 going back and forth for a while as you're enjoying the drinks versus a dollar slot with a $3 max and only one pay line. That's the only way I can enjoy slots. I'm not looking to make money, but I want to have fun for a few hours, drink, socialize, and not feel like I would've had more fun seeing how long it takes Ben Franklin to completely incinerate. Also, a good tip up front ($5 for downtown, maybe $10 on the Strip) to the first cocktail waitress to serve you a drink is well worth it for great service if you wanna maximize the amount of "free" drinks you'll get. Plus it's good karma, they work hard, and get stiffed a lot. Have fun!

10. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Yikes.... glad I learned the pro/cons of a penny slot. Obv a Slots newbie here but everyone is extremely knowledgeable in what to do with my low bank roll in slot play. Hopefully I can win a little from tables/sports and then bring it to the Slots for some good down time..

11. LVHooked

LVHooked High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If your playing penny slots for fun and drinks, play max lines, min bet. I hit a buffalo machine for I $190 or so on a forty cent bet.

12. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

While I'm at it, I'm assuming all of the slots on the strips are near same in minimum/maximum bets? Does it matter how much I'm playing to enjoy what I'm "investing" into these machines? Since I'm staying at Encore, any suggestion to get free drinks as I sit there playing? I'm assuming they'll want to keep an eye on you so that you don't get comped for just sitting there... (I get comped playing tables all the time, but that's cause it's noticeable since I'm sitting there for a long period of time) I've just heard that slots on the floor might be harder to get drinks at Wynncore.

13. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're playing minimum bet on any slot, Encore isn't going to deny you a drink.

Lots of machines already take the guesswork out of playing by showing you the lowest to highest bet on a penny slot.

From slots like Willy Wonka to Wizard of Oz, you can still get a 35-45c a spin.
    Just look around and see what the mimimum bet is and if it fits in with your budget.
    If you take your time and wait a bit in between spins you can get some great cocktails from the Wynn properties.

14. ardee

ardee It's only money.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you frequently play slots, FamousMike?

The old myth about playing max bet in order to get a big win is long gone.

Many machines provide a bonus on any spin as long as you play the minimum bet.

I know everyone's experience is subjective but I'm a long time researcher and a decent winner with some luck. :beer:

Just putting it out there for those who hold true to the old chestnut that you have to play max bet to win.
    Remember, that's only for the big progressives and/or the machines that expressly state it on their game rules/payback.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  15. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    For $100, I would go for stretching it out over trying to go for a big hit. I would break it into fives and slow play penny slots with no more than 25 lines and bet a penny a line. I won't get rich but it will probably yield a few hours of fun.

16. FamousMike

FamousMike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I almost exclusively play slots, got to Mlife Platinum by playing the penny slots at the Mirage with minimum loss and hours and hours of fun and free drinks. You certainly don't have to bet max if it's out of your range, nothing wrong with just playing a quarter a spin and just hanging out. For me though, it's more fun playing multiple pay lines for more chances to win and max is usually around $3 or less on the games I like to play. Nothing is more annoying and boring to me than only a single pay line with countless spins in a row with absolutely nothing happening. It's not about getting the big win, but maximizing play and this has worked for me. I suck at math and never try to study the odds, but I've played enough and watched others along side me playing a penny or so on a few lines and they never stick around long. The real luck strikes when they're gone and the cocktail waitress comes around and gives me the drink they ordered. :beer:

17. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you know the game. The best game at the $1.oo denomination is 99.17% Bonus Poker which is $5/bet and 20 total plays. Or lower levels. The Variance may well be low enough.

18. seviay

seviay High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I never play slots, except maybe dumping $20 into a wheel of fortune machine or something else random, but last trip we played the Cleo 2 machine at Monte Carlo and the China Shores machines at Paris and NYNY. Those were both super fun, and we got to hit a couple good bonus rounds on each. I think the minimum bet was either $0.40 or $0.60 on each. We won $200 on the Cleo 2 and my wife won around $300 on China Shores. I got my ass handed to me on that game, but it was like an ATM for her.

19. TheCanoe

TheCanoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol this is the only slot I play. It's a blast, and I'm a lifetime winner at it (5 seats, nt 4)

It seems like a really break even games, and I've won a few Howie jackpots

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.