1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hekp needed! MJ One last row of 1st section or 3 rows back in 2nd section??

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by ThisChicIsATramp, Jul 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThisChicIsATramp

ThisChicIsATramp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm trying to pick between the two areas........the last row in the first section 103, the seats are only a tad bit off center by a few seats, or 3 rows back in the second section 203, smack dab in the middle. Having been to Cirque shows I know you want to be back a ways and I feel both of these areas offer that, I was just wondering if there is a big difference between the two since there is an aisle between them and maybe stuff happens in the aisle.......the ticket prices are the same. Having said that, is there a point where it's TOO far back?? I can't imagine other than maybe the very last row, but I know that in most cases you still want to be able to see everything going on on stage as well and not have to squint....

Any insight into what you think would be better is very much appreciated!

2. Vegasaddict2014

Vegasaddict2014 Low-Roller

I'd pick the 1st section. Stuff does happen in the aisle but also in the aisles of the 1st section. I sat in the 2nd section (maybe 4/5 rows back) and it was a good view even though we were sat slightly off-centre. It's quite a small theatre so I think any seat is good but if you want to be where all the action is then choose the 1st section. Hope that helps!

3. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd take the first section as well. It's not like Mystere where you have a ton of stuff going on overhead. And, there's a part of the show closer toward the end where it benefits to be closer than farther away.

Stuff does happen in the aisle at one point. All of the aisles. So, you won't miss anything.

Best Cirque I've seen ("O," Mystere, and Love as well).

4. VegasChic-

VegasChic- VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We actually sat in the last row of the first section for that show. We said we wouldn't get those seats again, because the last couple rows there, for whatever reason, don't seem to be as tiered.....if you have taller people in front of you, it's actually kind of hard to see around them! We were a little surprised since that section was considered the top tier pricing. There was actually stuff going on behind us in the aisle too, so if you are in the first couple rows in the section behind I think you would get a good view of everything!

I'd try and get at least three rows down from the back in the first section if you want to be in 103, otherwise, the ones you mention in 203 are likely worth it to give it a go!

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Distance isn't a huge issue. We about 3 rows from the very back of the theatre and near the corner and still really enjoyed the show. Best show I've seen in vegas! I would take those seats again for ~$90 each.

Given VegasChic's post above how the last row of 103 was to them, I'd consider taking the 203 seats. A few rows further back won't make a huge difference.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  6. rhinoman7

rhinoman7 A Diamond in the Ruff

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FWIW....we saw this show last year, and had seats in section 204, about 7 rows back, aisle seats. Problem for me was that there was a guy sitting in front of me that constantly shifted back and forth in his seat, making it hard to take in the entire stage for most of the show. I am not short, and he was not that tall, but his head got in the way just enough to be very annoying. Based on that, along with VegasChic's comments above, I would go for the 203 section seats.

7. ThisChicIsATramp

ThisChicIsATramp Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow this is precisely why I ask questions on here, to get these types of responses. Thank you so much for taking your time to try and help me.....and after agonizing about it over and over (I tend to overanalyze everything) what do I do?? I find a Cirque offer and end up in the SECOND row! The decision I came to was that no matter what kind of show it is (Cirque or otherwise,) being closer to the stage is usually always enjoyable as you get to see everything ON stage much better and you don't have to worry too much about people in front of you that are taller and/or move around a lot, and as some of you have experienced that, I have as well and I really hate that!

So, knowing I will be missing some (hopefully not a TON) Cirque elements, I'm just very excited to see a show that I know is going to be fantastic. And I thank you for all of your help, it factored into my final choice.

Viva Las Vegas!

8. Vegasaddict2014

Vegasaddict2014 Low-Roller

It's an amazing show. The best show I've ever seen!

9. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    While normally I would disagree with sitting that close for a cirque show, I don't think you'll have a problem with MJ1. It's been a year since I've seen it but I don't remember much going on overhead that you couldn't take in if you were closer. So, I think you made a great choice.

It is a great show and you'll definitely have a great time regardless of where you sit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.