1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Debating a show in August....Help

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Erich17, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erich17

Erich17 It is a real Obsession

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So we have 6 guys going to Vegas for the PGA Show and wanted to do a show one night while we are there. This is most of our 15+ trip to Vegas so we have seen a few things. Absinthe was great Carrot Top was awesome and so was KA but this time we wanted to do comedy or magic.

Since Penn and Teller are out we looked at Copperfield. Honest opinion?

Any other shows you recommend in these 2 genres? Thanks for the help and look forward to another lucrative Vegas Trip

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd go see Jeff Dunham way before Copperfield.

What about Evil Dead 4D? That's a cool show.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess it's personal preference but I didn't think Dunham's show was very good. Copperfield is decent, pricey. If you've seen him before there is little reason to see him again. Zombie Burlesque is pretty funny (funnier than I expected).

4. jtf

jtf Low-Roller

We liked Mike Hammer @ Four Queens downtown. It isn't a very big theater, but he was pretty funny.

5. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gotta give a thumbs up to Mike Hammer. I should look for a deal for his show next month. Thanks for bringing him up!

Also, Mac King is a good, cheap afternoon magic/comedy show. Jeff Civillico is another great cheap afternoon show.

6. landsburger

landsburger High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A show for 6 guys is a tough order based on your request. Carrot Top would be the perfect suggestion, which you've done.

Mac and Hammer are good but not sure it fits the bill. I'd look into brad Garret's show if available.

7. FuzzyDiceCraps

FuzzyDiceCraps VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Honestly, this is a tall order, especially not knowing your interests, because a group of 6 dudes typically isn't really a great candidate for most traditional vegas shows - but there are a lot of "other" shows that would be perfect, ha.

I know if I were going with 5 other male friends, most magic shows aren't what we personally would like. My wife and I love Mac and Civillico, but with a bunch of dudes? No thanks. You guys may be completely different, but based on the fact you enjoyed absinthe and carrot top, I'm thinking you're like us - looking for something a bit edgier and more off-color. I know it isn't magic, but honestly, when I came into town with some guys, the show we literally rocked out to was Rock of Ages. We're all in our 30's so it was the perfect music for us to remember, we got drunk, and probably behaved a bit over the top, but meh, we had a good time, and they encourage that there.

Its not comedy or magic, but honestly there aren't a lot of those shows I see a group of guys enjoying (that you haven't already mentioned). But I might be too closed minded. :)

8. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've never seen Hammer but have heard good things. Perhaps we'll check it out next month.

9. Mirageluvr

Mirageluvr Let's Ride!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We love Gordie Brown at the Golden Nugget. He's a comedian that does voice imitations. He reminds me do Danny Gans for those of you old enough to remember. You can check Gordie out on youtube and decide if this is your kind of show. We're seeing him again in August.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.