1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Which type of trip report to you prefer?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by BlackJackLady, Jul 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackJackLady

BlackJackLady High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I noticed that several people commented on a trip report that they enjoy reading the all inclusive trip reports rather than the live reports. I have found that I prefer these as well. I find the live trip reports don't have a lot of information and it is hard to follow what is going on with all of the commentary. So am I in the minority here or do others feel the same? Which do you prefer and why?

2. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I enjoy the photos from a live report, but I do have trouble following along. I like the complete, reflective feel of a report written post-trip. My personal solution to this for my next trip: gonna do a part 1. report live, 90% photos with maybe some brief comments, and then do another, part 2, fuller report, again with pictures, but maybe not the drunk blurry ones :p I am looking forward to it, I enjoy composing reports.

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
  3. JosieCat

JosieCat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I rarely even bother reading the live ones. You are mostly reading everyone's comments.

4. retro

retro Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    as a reader, I prefer live. If I was to do write one, I would prefer to do after the trip so as to not take away time from the enjoyment at hand. My trips are usually 3-4 days, while those spending a week or more, it may not be a bother to do live.

5. Ty

Ty ?

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I kinda prefer the live TRs with pics. I have a tendency to scan through the replies and just read the ones from the OP. But I appreciate all Trip Reports.

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A nice comprehensive full report with pictures to enhance it. I have given up trying to follow live reports. I just skip them.

Even Flusher's last report got to be annoying, one post a day. At least he had a link to the report and I didn't have to read through all the comments everyday.

Yea, I'm getting old.

7. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't bother reading live trip reports.

I enjoy pictures. Any pictures. Even pictures of the food.

Pictures of some wins are nice but video of bonus rounds are even better.

Chronological order or simply broken down into topics or events, but don't ramble.

Feedback is really nice of the places seen, restaurants, shows, games.....

8. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pictures, pictures and more pictures!

I agree with earlier comments that live reports can get a bit annoying due to all the other comments (though, I assume those comments also encourage the TR's author to continue posting). But it is a lot of fun to follow along and see - and relate to - the ups and downs, twists and turns, drunken nights, hungover mornings etc. of the trip.

So, I guess I'll just return to my original comment - gimme lots of pics and I'm a happy reader. And keep the reports coming, gang, in whatever form you choose!

9. Blonde_4_ever

Blonde_4_ever LasVegas4ever.com

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I actually have some emotional investment in the person writing the LIVE trip report...then I will follow along, but I also prefer a full fledged, well thought out, after-the-trip report.

10. Darreningreenwood

Darreningreenwood Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm generally a fan of the all inclusive, after the fact ones. What everyone said above, the multiple comments between posts are a bit distracting. But I also like to sit down and immerse myself in a full report. I hate having to take a break and wait for the next day's adventures.

11. Electroguy563

Electroguy563 Vegas Joker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like all the trip reports but I prefer non-live ones. These types usually have an adventurous nature to it and is bound to have some reflection as well. Add pictures and I'm a happy camper.

Sometimes the live ones are distracting, especially when a "core" group of friends that know each other take over the report. After a while it seems like I'm crashing in on a private party, lol!

12. gambler

gambler VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a fan of the all inclusive trip report. I prefer to read it in one installment (or a few) rather than live. I find those tedious, yet I can see by the number of views that they are quite popular.

Unless you are using an online site to store your photos, loading a lot of photos into a trip report can take a day or two. Those photo rich ones are really fun to read but I can understand why they take time to write and load onto here.

We seem to have a lot of live ones lately, I hope the people that just like to do a review at the end of their trip keep posting.

I'm missing those reports.:cry:

13. wanker751

wanker751 Dutch Rudder Enthusiast

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Live reports.. like the feeling of being there along for the ride... the big text all inclusive reports bore me and after a few paragraphs I shut down.

14. Packer

Packer VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like both but prefer a live TR.. Like wanker said I feel as if im there with the op. Live vicariously through them!

15. joesmom

joesmom Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like both for different reasons. The live ones are fun because you might just end up with some drunken posts which are always good for a laugh. Also - like others said - you feel like you are there in alot of ways. I do love the detail that some give to the after the trip report. I really like the live with the recaps at the end. I will be doing an after trip report next month because my live report would be VERY boring lol

16. VegasGroove

VegasGroove VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My preference is to read a trip report that is posted after a trip with full details (photos are a plus, but not necessary) - in one entire post.

I never read the "live" reports as they are often stagnated, jumbled and you have to sift through numerous comments just to get to the next installment. And the next installment could be just one sentence like, "hey, just went across the street to get some Sudafed, back at my hotel, more later". No thanks.

To me, reading a trip report is like reading an exciting short story. Too bad more people are getting away from that.

17. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't read many live reports. Some people start them days before their trip and it takes until 40 posts before they actually get to Vegas. Fancy titles don't get me either...wish everyone would have their hotel names in the title. I often look through old reports for ones pertaining to a certain hotel I am looking at staying in. Pics are great, the past few years I have had trouble with my pics showing up rotated, I haven't figured out how to stop that...so less pics in my own reports now. I am not good at spinning a yarn so my own reports are getting more bullet point....some can write paragraphs about getting up in the morning. Trip Reports are my favorite category. I agree with Vegas Groove that for some it is reading an exciting short story. Some of us (myself) are just not good story tellers is all :)

18. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't do the live ones. So many never get completed and it's hard to find the updates mixed in with all the comments. I don't even really read too many inclusive ones anymore unless there is a hint that the poster did something on their trip of personal interest to me like stay a favorite hotel or dine at a place I am curious about.

19. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't usually read the live reports. I'd much rather have a consolidated, one lengthy post detailing a trip, and if the are pictures, even better. Several food pics are fine, but when the majority of the report are food pics, I move on. I love when people include pics of themselves though, as I love putting faces to a name.

20. Valgal

Valgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I appreciate all the reports - but prefer a post trip report. Maybe just because I'm old -- or older. Recently lots of live trip reports going on at the same time from different posters in the same group -- it was all over the place - I had a hard time keeping up -- but still love their pics so tend to scroll through for at least the photos. -- Not criticizing.

For me my DH would vapor lock if I spent a lot of time on my phone posting a live report.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.