1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

10th anniversary dinner suggestions

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by AUbiegirl, Jul 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AUbiegirl

AUbiegirl Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hubby and I are going to Vegas for our 10th anniversary in August! This will be our first trip to Vegas so I am clueless on where would be a great place for our 10th anniversary dinner. Obviously somewhere with great food, romantic atmosphere, and something special to Vegas (views, chefs, etc.). I'm kind of a foodie but hubby isn't as adventurous as I am when it comes to food so I need a place to work for both of us. We don't want to break the bank, but don't mind spending a little extra on this particular meal. Thanks for your suggestions!

2. BellaBlvd

BellaBlvd Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe Mon Ami Gabi on the patio would fit the bill? It's not too pricey. People and fountain watching on the patio is definitely special to Vegas. Any meals I've had there were fantastic from start to finish.

I really enjoyed Picasso but that may not fall into budget. That being said the views were amazing, it was in Oceans 11, and there are options for the non-food adventurous.

Going up in $ is SW Steak. But again, a really special place.

Another alternative could be the Golden Steer. Vintage rat pack steak house!

One last suggestion would be Morels at VP. Again a wonderful patio, great food, great service.

Happy Anniversary!

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To narrow it down.....you might want to provide a ballpark amount you are willing to spend. Some of the really "romantic" places get very pricey..... :)

4. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Get a sunset reservation at Top of The World at the Stratosphere . The ambiance is wonderful in addition to the very unique setting. Food and service are top notch. My wife and I usually spend about $120 per person with a few drinks each.

Bill

5. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're downtown, I've hear that Hugo's Cellar is very romantic.

6. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also look at the menu for Eiffel Tower Restaurant at Paris.

7. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Where are you staying? There are many nice places at all areas of Vegas. Several will be very similar, but also depending on when you are going cab lines will be long, parking will be pretty hard possibly. Nothing worse then getting all dolled up and walking a long way down the strip.

8. AUbiegirl

AUbiegirl Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are staying at TI. The top of my price range would be $300. Thanks for the suggestions so far! You all have given me some places to look at that I had not come across yet! Keep the ideas coming :)

9. Rotty

Rotty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    the setting is great but the food is lost in the 80s, very poor

- - - Updated - - -

My suggestion would be Le Cirque

10. BlackJackLady

BlackJackLady High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Celebrated our 24th at Hugo's last November. Food was superb. Service was outstanding, atmosphere very romantic. And if you stop at Tix4tonight you can get a 20% off voucher. We had the Chateaubriand for two with a bottle of wine and could not have been more pleased!

11. cphllps

cphllps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In August I would choose the Eiffel Tower Restaurant at dusk, seated at the window with a view of the Bellagio Fountains. They even bring you dessert. Celebrated our 30th & 35th there.

12. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most places, except for a few like Joel Robuchon or Guy Savoy, $300 is a decent amount. But, we all know that alcohol will be the big ticket item of any dinner. Wine, Champagne, aperitifs, digestifs can have a high price tag, especially at high-end restaurants. Once a year, I go with people who bring their own wine, and I pay the corkage (actually I try to pay more for my part because they supply the wine, but they never let me). The wine just can't be one on their wine menu. Wherever you pick, I hope you have a fantastic anniversary!

13. MrsFuri

MrsFuri Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy Anniversary!

I would recommend:

Eiffel Tower at Paris
    Mon Ami Gabi at Paris
    SW at Wynn
    Olives at Bellagio
    Carnevino at Palazzo (it's just really good, IMO)

-MrsFuri

14. caddy1969

caddy1969 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy Anniversary!!

I like SW Steakhouse at Wynn (try for the patio) or Prime At Bellagio (ask for a fountain view and go at sunset)

Enjoy

15. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Doesn't get mentioned much here, but Alize at the top of the Palms has an unbelievable view, romantic atmosphere, and food is very good. I've been there twice.

16. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ate a the VooDoo Steakhouse with the Wife in March and got a quiet table with a beautiful view of the strip food was as good as expected for the price and service was excellent. Both me and the wife thought it was romantic.

Sons 21st birthday trip
  17. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    10th anniversary dinner

Another good option is Le Cirque at Bellagio - small, intimate, romantic, knowledgeable staff, excellent food presentation and service. The risotto is excellent (sometimes lobster risotto, this month it was beet risotto, oh my). $250-300 will cover it unless you choose very expensive libations. They have various price fixe menus that include wine pairings as well.
    Check out the menu on their website - I believe it will meet both of your tastes.
    Reservations - be sure to request a window table with a fountain view ( only a few tables have a direct view) - let them know it is your anniversary and they present a little something extra!

Whatever you choose, happy 10th and let us know how it turns out!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
  18. Krh2o

Krh2o MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying at TI I would say SW Steakhouse. It is top notch! If you don't go crazy with drinks and wine, $300 is about the cost. Its an easy walk. Enjoy.

19. Mowsee

Mowsee Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Another vote for SW. We had our 10th anniversary dinner there on the patio and it was wonderful. Good food, great service and fantastic atmosphere. Bill came to about $300 including pre-dinner drinks, wine with dinner and dessert.

20. AUbiegirl

AUbiegirl Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you all for the suggestions and the happy anniversary wishes! Much appreciated! I am working on checking out all the suggestions and letting my husband have some input too before we make a final decision, but with all these great suggestions I am SURE we will end up somewhere great :kiss:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.