1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Ufc rumors

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by captainron62, Jul 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard last night from a friend of mine that is a top 5 ranked fighter that the UFC is talking about lining McGregor up against Aldo Super Bowl weekend and possibly Rousey as a co-main event for the biggest event in UFC history!

That would be an incredible night to be in LV!

2. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whoever gets in the ring with McGregor is in for a beat down!

3. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Eh.... I wouldnt say that at all... Mendes will get another chance if you ask me...

Ron: If so I will be there book it brother :)

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lets do it Chess!

Everyone on the inside concedes that Mendes likely wins that fight with a full camp. Aldo not a wrestler so it will be a different kind of fight, but if McGregor gets past Aldo I see another big fight with Mendes in his future!!

5. Piggylane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When McGregor beats down Aldo, go ahead and blow your money on Mendes, boys. I know who I'll have my money with!

6. gadgets19

gadgets19 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rumours flying everywhere with Aldo/McGregor. Dallas @ Cowboys stadium is the latest on Dec. 12th. Then some say that's just a ploy to get MGM to pony up more money and it's in Vegas on the 12th.

7. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well I'm sure it wasn't lost on McGregor that he got taken down at will. Hes a physical freak and the biggest guy in the division so if he and Mendes fight a year from now it will likely look like a totally different fight. I guarantee his is working sprawl and defending take downs in his sleep. It will always be a issue because he fights so wide, but he is such a monster he will figure it out. McGregor is still improving rapidly with each fight and camp, Mendes isn't going to dramatically change at this point in his career.

I really don't see anyone else in the division other than Aldo and Mendes that can even put a competitive fight together against McGregor.

8. Piggylane

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My long term schedule shows me in either Japan, Hong Kong or Singapore for that time period, not Stateside. Now I've got a goal: get my long term schedule changed... Sure would be great to see McGregor fight live somewhere rather than on pay-per-view or have to read about it afterward.

9. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree completely. I am hoping for Vegas! Can you imagine the money being thrown around to host that fight with the way the Irish show up???

10. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think people forget how good Aldo really is. Even with the reach advantage Mendes was able to get kicks in without being countered. Aldo is going to destroy McGregors leg if the fight stays off the ground.

[​IMG]

11. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    McGregor fighting so wide is going to be a problem for sure. He won't be able to set and sit down on punches with Aldo on that leg all the time. The issue will be if McGregor can get out and back in and fire off. Its not going to be an easy fight for either fighter. I would have bet Aldo if they fought last week. I thought McGregor needed to see better fighters before stepping up. I still think Mendes wins with a full camp, but we will never know. McGregor will at some point be a dominant champion, it will just be a matter of when. He had come up awful quickly.

12. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know how anyone that saw the fight can claim that McGregor would win if they both had a full camp. Mendes was taking McGregor down at will. He lost because he gassed and then stood in front of McGregor looking like a pinata. That's what happens when you take a fight on 2 weeks notice. I think I read on Sherdog that when Mendes got the call, he was out shooting a hunting documentary. Far from being in fighting shape..

13. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agree completely. Chad just couldn't hold him down any longer and Connor jumped up. I think he figured he could make it out of the round but obviously that was a bad guess.

14. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also when does the No IV hydration thing go into effect. That's will likely effect McGregor big time since his weight cut is always so severe.

15. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is an excellent point. I am thinking its later this year. That should put it in play for his next fight.

16. Chicken Dinner

Chicken Dinner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's over six months. With the frequency these UFC guys usually fight that would seem a long layoff.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.