1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Advantage rental car coupon and low rate right now

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by wellmel, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wellmel

wellmel Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the coupon! I was able to upgrade to a "pick" car for a lower price. This deal was even cheaper than rates at the Costco travel site.

3. gmille58

gmille58 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Reminded me to set up a rental for next week. Full size for ~25/day.

4. mwig

mwig VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice find. My week rates are sky high for some reason. This saves me a little over $10 per day from the previous best rate.

5. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just FYI, when you go to the advantage site to surf and when you exit it will give you the coupon code DCCLICK to use to get 10% off your rental. Same discount as the initial coupon but this one is from advantage itself (in case the other one goes away). Why pay full price from them when they automatically give you a 10% discount. Prices seem to be decent, even a little better than Costco site. I was able to make a reservation for a "pick em" car for a lower price Costco gave for a compact.

6. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Cheaper than Costco in my case, and that's rare. However they charge is $12 a day for an additional driver and Costco includes that at no charge so Costco is cheaper in my case.

7. Italladdsup

Italladdsup Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anybody have experience in Vegas with them? Any hidden fees or problems at the counter?

8. bruceb

bruceb Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used them the last two January trips, (And had them booked for this august until dollor came in cheaper). No problems other than a long line one time.
    No real pressure on the add ons,,,they asked, I politely declined, asked again, I pointed out my auto policy covers 100% including loss of use.
    They said ok and printed the paperwork. Cars were average, moderate miles, no issues.

bruce

9. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We always use Advantage, the only thing I don't care for is when they try to sell you all the insurance and add ons at the counter. Just keep saying no and it should be no problem. Another thing is if you rent from the airport they charge a cust facility charge but its cheaper than if you rent from main street or the orleans. The cars have been good and they are good about changing them if you aren't satisfied.

10. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Always good to check your bill and compare it with your reservation. If the prices do not match then they probably added something to your bill. This happened to me about 5 years ago. Prices did not match. When I checked my bill with a fine toothed comb I found that they added a daily "lock out" charge of a few bucks a day. This is good if you ever get locked out, they will come out to you to open your car door (no charge), but it wasn't something that I asked for. I just asked them to remove the charge which they did and my bill came out to what I had on my reservation.

I rented from them a few times after that but I didn't have the extra charge on my bill so I think it was just something that particular rental clerk tried to pull on me.

As always, YMMV so when I rent a car I usually take out a copy of my reservation and if the numbers don't match I will take the time to go through the bill to find out why they don't match. Usually it is because they added an extra charge for something I didn't want and will usually ask them to remove it before I sign for the car. Some agencies the clerk will act impatient and give you a song and dance to try to get you to just pay the extra cost but nowadays I will take as long as I can to go through my bill to find out why it costs more than I was quoted.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.