1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

E by Jose Andres - Cosmo

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by north east j, Jul 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just received a very exciting email from them stating that my reservation application was confirmed. My wife and I will be eating there during our trip in September!

We are SUPER EXCITED to say the least - but there is so much that's secretive that it's tough to know the facts from the rumors. We are not drinkers so we won't be getting the wine pairing.

Anyone gone that could lend some advice on what to expect? What dress code is? How much to tip?

2. Rotty

Rotty Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have a reservation early October

I think the dress code is fairly relaxed (within reason)

afaik the tip is auto included so no need to worry there

3. alexanbo

alexanbo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You may want to check out MrsFuri's trip report from a week or two ago, post #244.

5. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice guys...but I have to admit that some of the reviews have me a bit concerned. Especially since my wifemis sooo excited about this. But to spend $500 after tax and tip to be disappointed?

If I wanted that I would just gamble more...lol

6. MrsFuri

MrsFuri Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was going to share this too, thanks USCHawks...

I was super excited northeastj (we are total foodies) and I was very disappointed. Of course, to each their own, but I could not recommend it. It is certainly way more hype, in my opinion, than good or an "experience".

I'm happy to answer any questions too... don't hesitate to ask!

-MrsFuri

Review of e' by Jose Andres, July 2015

7. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh I so need a foodie in my life. I'm with a man who eats hamburger, lasagna, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, beans and that's about it. We eat at tons of buffets because of this.

Sema Show
  8. ACMike

ACMike High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I ate there with my wife last week and we both enjoyed it very much. I'm pretty jaded when it comes to fine dining, and I thought this was a unique and enjoyable experience. We also had a cool group of people at our seating, so that made it even more fun. The technique, use of ingredients, and uniqueness of presentation made it a worthwhile experience, in my opinion. I guess it depends on what your expectations are and whether you're into molecular gastronomy. If you're looking for the best meal of your life, this probably isn't it. Better off going to Joel Rubechon or Guy Savoy. If you're looking for something different and to try things prepared and presented in crazy ways, then you won't be disappointed. I enjoyed every course, with the exception of 2 or 3. I would also recommend adding the black truffle tasting for an extra 50 bucks, it really added to some of the dishes it was served with. Standouts for me were the mini "pizza," the squid, the beef, and the fois gras empenada. I say, "go for it"!

9. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. I have taken my wife to L'Atelier (spelling?) In mgm that is a Robuchon restaurant, and my wife love love loved it. How would you compare the two? Or the Eiffel Tower as well, as we have gone there to eat as well. That one was probably better because it was a free 9 course meal (work trip).

10. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice. We are not drinkers, so we may do the truffle upgrade as well.

11. north east j

north east j Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice. We are not drinkers, so we may do the truffle upgrade as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.