1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Do You Drink All Day in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by whiskeyandslots, Jul 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiskeyandslots

whiskeyandslots High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, do you drink all day in Vegas, or only in the evenings, or little at all?

I drink more than your average person anyway...I'm something of a wino...but at home, I never start drinking until after dinner.

When we're in Vegas, though, I start in the early afternoon. I've even been known to have a few cocktails for breakfast. :eek:

What about y'all?

2. sapphirevegas

sapphirevegas High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We don't start drinking until mid day, which being from the east coast is early evening. :drunk: We get up early and hit the pool, but never drink at the pool. It just seems to drain you and then you need a nap. Naps are for squares. Then we shower mid day, go eat, and start drinking then. And for the rest of the day usually. Hey they are free! Then sometimes :vomit: sometimes not...results vary.

Yearly trip
    Part two
  3. whiskeyandslots

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're from the east coast, too. One thing I do enjoy about Vegas is the time difference. Ya see, I have to get up at 4:45 when I'm home, no matter how late I stay up. I'm a natural-born night owl, so I hate it, but such is life. Hubby, on the other hand, is a natural-born early riser. We usually wake up naturally at 6:00 am when we're in Vegas, and it feels like we slept in! Yet, we're up early enough that we can wander around while everyone is about an hour into their sleep. It gives us a chance to explore and get a little lost without all of the hustle and bustle.

I can't drink at a pool, either. Something about being out in the heat and drinking really drains me, too, especially during the daytime. We go to Vegas in the winter, though, so that hasn't been an issue. If I drink early, it's while I'm playing the slots. I usually drink them slowly, though, and we'll have a big lunch that sorta sobers me up and prepares me for the afternoon/evening. ;)

4. whiskeyandslots

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yes, and I do agree that naps are for squares! On our last trip, though, we did end up napping on our 2nd day there. Ya see, we drove to Vegas all the way from North Carolina in 3 days. We were wide awake and had a ball on the night we got there, and we got married the next day, so there was all of that. After our wedding, we were SO exhausted that we slept for HOURS. We didn't even...ehh...do the married thing until our 3rd day there.

5. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do bears shit in the woods? In Vegas, I start at breakfast with a coffee and baileys, then work my way to bloody marys and mimosas. Afternoon is beer filled and evening is usually Vodka and Jameson until I pass out in the room. At home, I don't drink daily. Usually just Sat night and Sunday.

6. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like to be drinking no later then 1130 am even at home. No sense in even starting after that.

I do however stop drinking early and go to bed early even in Vegas.

7. Turtleman

Turtleman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Happy hour at home begins late afternoon after getting back from the gym, but that all changes in Vegas. We have coffee and/or tea in the room and usually start each day with bar top VP and mimosas (screwdrivers or other morning drinks) a little after sunrise. We then move to table games and "more serious" drinks, including vodka, gin, whisky, beer, wine ... nearly anything and everything, especially for me. Or as I like to say, I drink everything except tomato juice and antifreeze ... in that order! By dinner, we've usually had more than enough alcohol, turn in incredibly early, especially by Vegas standards, and repeat the next day. We never take naps, and once we leave the room, unless going to the pool, we don't see it again 'til bedtime.

8. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I tend not to all day...mostly because I'm with my lightly drinking g/f. I tend to drink more heavily from 9p-3a instead. The one solo trip I took, I started a bit earlier, but still not til about 4 or 5 pm.

Kicking off the Trip with Two New Hotels to Us!!!
  9. WHITEJACKET73

WHITEJACKET73 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I usually don't start until I have had breakfast; however, when I flew out to Vegas last Thursday on an 8 A.M. flight (first class) the FA asked me if I would like anything to drink. I replied that "It was 5 o'clock somewhere, so I'll take a gin and tonic." When I am downtown in the afternoon I stop in at Hogs and Heifers and have a few beers and do some shots with the female bartenders. I drink at a slow and steady pace with plenty of water between drinks. I can't pound them down with abandon like in my younger days....just at a level to have a nice buzz going. Evenings will find me at the Rio Wine Cellar sampling their wares....I've stumbled out of their many times. At home is another deal...a couple of glasses of wine when I am having a nice meal or a beer after a hard days work. Can't remember the last time I was in a bar here in my home town.

10. Nedly60

Nedly60 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes....

11. leo21

leo21 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I maybe have a drink once a week at home. I don't constantly drink in Vegas but a couple drinks a day is a huge percentage increase for me. I don't pay attention to when. I may have something in the morning and then later, I could just drink overnite watching folks stumble in.

12. Candy Apple

Candy Apple VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't have more than five or six a day, but I do start in the morning with Baileys & coffee or a mimosa. Hey, I'm on vacation!

13. bubbakitty

bubbakitty Doing retirement again and happily so....

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I budget for 10 drinks a day and usually have no coin for drinking at day's end. Don't understand it though.

If I was to imbibe in similar fashion at home I would be useless. In Vegas it seems after my daily allotment I am quite useful indeed! Like the heat, it must be the humidity that makes the difference.

14. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's a reason the drinks are free. One drink plus lots of water.

15. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I drink all day in Las Vegas, but I drink a lot more at night than I do in the morning.

16. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All day? No.

There are literally HOURS each day where I'm just sleeping. True story.

The rest of the time, yeah. Usually baileys coffee and/or mimosas to get the day rolling, and then beer as we get later in the day.

17. TOWNSVILLE

TOWNSVILLE Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yea l drink all day,however being a bit of a soak,not very intoxicated at any time during the day.However when on holiday in Vegas l want to remember the experience.Half way around the world just to get a playable BlackJack game,no way am l going to blow it.Trying to keep track of the cards{good luck with that},taking in the atmosphere,swilling beer,yeah l love it.Training at home consists of red wine intake and soduko, whilst having TV blaring in the background,still a loser.However love the gambling scene.{especially in Vegas}.My beloved said the other day that she thinks she had a good time in Vegas in March this year,finally,now l will work on her for next years visit.With her or without her,l must return,unfinished business,you know what l mean.

18. northerngirl

northerngirl High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absolutely not! I don't start drinking until 11:00 a.m.

19. breanna61

breanna61 Super Moderator

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Often breakfast includes mimosas in Vegas, so yes all day but not every day.

20. h0und10

h0und10 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    College kid here early 20's and when i go semi annually we start drinking the second we get to the airport for the flight there. we don't stop until we are heading to the airport on the way back. we go to bed drunk and the first thing we do when we wake up is grab a few beers and catch a buzz. usually the hard alcohol doesn't come out until late afternoon early evening though! (trips usually last 3 or 4 days)

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.