1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

$79 Southwest Airfare Chicago Midway

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by maxine, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maxine

maxine Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just booked airfare from Chicago Midway non stop flight for $79 each way in November. Flight times were good.
    If you are looking for something in November, might want to check it out.
    Good luck!

2. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    thanks for the tip!

FYI No deals from Milwaukee

3. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know what the heck is going on with MKE! It's so much closer to me. With this new sale, I was able to change mine and my husband flight, my mom, my sister and her husband, and my daughter. By the time I got to my sons, the price doubled. GRRRRR. But, the rest of us just saved a chunk of change. Here's to hoping it goes down even more. I'm hoping even more that Milwaukee finally drops and we can change our flights there.

4. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'd rather pay $300 to fly out of Milwaukee than free to deal with Midway.

5. grosx2

grosx2 Have fun storming the castle!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You must have confused Midway with O'Hare, which is one of the busiest airports in the world. Midway is an absolute breeze, I'm usually thru security and at my gate within 15 minutes of setting foot in the airport.

6. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hate Midway. If it was just hubbie and I i would only go thru Milwaukee as we usually do but we have an additional 8 people going that wouldn't go if they had to pay $450 compared to $160

7. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nope, and really has nothing to do with the airport other than its location. No reliable way to get there from the North. I've probably flown into and out of it 7 times, and at least half of those there's been random impossible traffic that either made me late or very close to it. Really don't care all that much for O'Hare either, but I only see that place when I'm flying a very long ways. At least I haven't had the traffic jams.

MKE is several hours closer (for me at least) than either, and because it's not very busy you can get in and out pronto. Appleton is even faster (though a littler farther away). Basically there you walk up and are on your plane to Vegas (it's like the only flight). Rather pay a little more fare than deal with the frustrations of the Chicago airports. Kind of sad, because I'd really like to go to Biloxi sometime, but most the flight offers I get from Mlife go out of midway (though once in a while they have a milwaukee one).

8. Champster1

Champster1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Makes sense to me!!!

9. runningonthehub

runningonthehub VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I lived near Milwaukee, there is no way in hell that I would even think about driving to any Chicago airport to fly anywhere. Not even with a free ticket.
    Sometimes your time is worth more than money.

10. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Appleton but the only direct flights to vegas are on Thursday and Sunday with Allegiant. Anything else is an extra $150 round trip but I will use points or miles to get it since its easy and I don't have t drive a couple hours to another port.

Sons 21st birthday trip
  11. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Flying from MDW at 7:20 AM on a Saturday, returning around Midnight on Tues/Weds. Got the flight for $155 / $79 ($234 RT)
    Similarly timed flights from MKE is around $400.

There's not $160 worth of traffic at 5:00 AM on a Saturday or 1:00 AM on a Weds. Booking Midway was a no-brainer.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
  12. sconnie

sconnie Downtown Kinda Guy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No competition on the route.

JW

13. kel3420

kel3420 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My flight home on 8/25 just dropped again this morning to $66 so you all should check your flights again

14. mjames1229

mjames1229 # of visits includes only trips w/ hotel stays

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It wasn't that long ago when Frontier (who had purchased Midwest Airlines, who had dominated MKE/LAS before Southwest moved in) and Air Tran (until purchased by Southwest) all had routes to Vegas.

Southwest came in 2009, low-balled the route and before too long Southwest ruled the entire airport (Frontier's own financial problems hastened it). I actually like flying Southwest (love the no-baggage fees when I have to drag six bowling balls to tournaments) and the Customer-of-Size policy.

USBC Nationals are back in Vegas
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.