1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MGM Grand King?

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by hattrick225, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Staying @ MGM for the first time next week, and have a Grand King booked. I'm not familiar with the rooms/towers there, so am not sure if one area is preferable over any others. It looks like a nice, updated room. Any tips or advice regarding where to request a room (view, minimize noise, etc)?

Vegas Vacation 2024
  2. br549

br549 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I stayed in a Grand King in April. Room 24-201. First room off the elevators. Some people say rooms close to elevators are noisy, but I didn't really notice much noise. The 200 rooms are in the East Tower, and I had a view of Elara and MGM Signature Towers. Most rooms do not really have great views, just okay. But the higher the floor the better, or you may be looking at rooftops in the hotel.

3. Mooda

Mooda Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The hallways are very long so I would suggest asking for a room about 1/2 way from the elevators and the end.

4. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MGM has two "towers" The main hotel and the West Wing. Stick with the main hotel tower. It's a huge property but not too confusing after a couple days. Bring your walking shoes!

5. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Grand King rooms at MGM are not part of the West Wing so he's got nothing to worry about. I stayed in one this past March and it's a nice enough room. I was on floor 10 or 11, South wing overlooking the valet area and I didn't have a problem with noise. I am a heavy sleeper though so your mileage may very.

6. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed in a few MGM Grand King rooms and they're all fine. You'll enjoy any one you're in, as long as you're okay with a potentially-longish walk to the room (which is the case with any Las Vegas hotel). All in all, I find them nicer than most standard rooms on the Strip.

7. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard that they will sometimes offer to "upgrade" folks to the West Wing.

8. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've stayed at MGM like 6 times in the past 2 years, never had any noise issues. Grand King is the new standard room. It was all remodeled, very nice! We had a "view" last time, we were the last room at the end of the hall, MGM isn't in a great spot to get a view, I wouldn't bother purposely asking for one. Maybe just ask for a higher floor.

I don't find the walk long to the room, the elevators are actually in a really convient spot right next to the check in desk.

9. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That wouldn't surprise me. The funny thing is when i look at my comp offers I can get a Grand room, Staywell room or Grand Suite comped, but the West Wing rooms I would have to pay for.

10. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah I wouldn't take that so called upgrade to west wing, but if they do offer to upgrade you to a grand king suite, I would consider that if its only a few extra bucks. Bigger room, sitting area, and much nicer bathroom.
    I think everyone answered your other questions. I never noticed noise being a problem, but I've always been on a higher floor. I would imagine a lower floor facing the pool may get some noise during the daytime.

11. hattrick225

hattrick225 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all for your feedback/info. This was a last minute switch on a trip that's been planned for months. Normally stay @ Flamingo, but didn't want to have to deal with all their elevator issues, so made a last minute switch to dump that reservation in favor of staying at mgm. Thanks again for the help!

Vegas Vacation 2024
  12. 44inarow

44inarow VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They used to be really bad about this before the big renovation, when the West Wing rooms were updated but the rooms in the main tower were not. I think they've mostly stopped doing it (or at least, they have based on what I've seen/heard over the last couple years), though it wouldn't shock me if it still happens.

13. ChickenBone Jones

ChickenBone Jones Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only noise issue I've ever had was on a low floor that overlooked the alley. Trucks etc at 5am suck.
    I love the MGM, I think is the best "value" on the strip. Stayed at Aria in June and regretted " cheating" on the grand the whole time.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.