1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Calculating MLife and TR spend from tier points?

Discussion in 'Comps' started by bribhoy, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bribhoy

bribhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dear VMBers,

I'm going round in circles trying to work out what I pushed through table and slots at Rio and Aria during my last visit. I thought that there would be a simple calculation based on total points earned, then subtract what I earned through hotel and meal costs, and voila - I would know my gaming spend. It doesn't seem quite that easy, despite trawling through the FAQs on both websites.

So, I spent 9 nights at Rio and, after comps and the rest, paid an actual charged total of 1100 bucks. This included dinner and (expensive) wine at Voodoo Steakhouse, lunch and (expensive) wine at Mon Ami Gabi, Penn and Teller tickets, and various other little treats. I finished the week with around 9,000 Tier Credits, so I THINK that means I earned about 1100 from my resort spend and 7900 from gaming - would that be about right? If so, does 7900 represent about $40k coin in if that was all slots? I did play a little craps and roulette as well, but probably not enough to move the needle overall.

I then spent 3 nights at Aria, and finished up with a bill of $320 - two hotel nights were comped but no back end comps apart from the express comps I used from my MLife card. My ending MLife Tier Point balnce was around 85,000 but I'm not sure those points are calculated in the same way as TR. I'm certain there used to be some good information about this in the MLife FAQ online, but it's either diosappeared or my old brain is finding it harder to find. I think I recall that you get 25 Tier Points per dollar spend on RFB, so that would account for 8,000 of my new MLife points, but if I was getting 1 Tier Point per $5 coin in (like TR), that would mean I had something like $390,000 coin in over those three days to earn 78,000 Tier Points and, while Sierra Nevada Torpedo is a strong beer, I'm pretty sure I would have more recollection of that, even in the High Limit Slots room.

I'm sorry this is such a rambling post but I'm not sure how where these numbers came from - or what it might mean for future offers (or lack thereof)

Thanks
    Bri

2. Elf70

Elf70 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's almost impossible to calculate coin in from tier credits for MLife due the difference in points earned between specialty and non-specialty slots. For specialty slots $10 coin in earns 1 base point. 1 base point earns 10 tier credits. For non specialty slots $3 coin in earns one base point and 1 base point equals 10 tier credits. Unless you know what type of slots you played the only option to figure out coin in is to call the MLife desk and ask.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Call them and ask what your coin in was.........

4. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MLife is:
    25 TCs per $1 of hotel spend excluding tax and tips
    10 TCs per $3 coin in on regular slots
    10 TCs per $10 coin in on specialty slots and video poker.

https://www.mlife.com/pages/comparison.html

CET is:
    1 TC per $1 on hotel spend excluding tax and tips
    1 TC per $5 coin in on slots
    1 TC per $10 on video poker, except some VP machines it's more than $10

At CET you also get bonus TCs for reaching 500, 1,000, 2,500, and 5,000 TCs in a single day.

https://www.totalrewards.com/content/cet-tr/en/earn-and-redeem/with-total-rewards.html

5. bribhoy

bribhoy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thnaks all for the comprehensive responses. I will call them and find out how much I pushed into the slots.

Cheers
    Brian

6. Aces and Eights

Aces and Eights VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This doesn't answer your question, but I wanted to give what I feel is a comparison between TR and MLife. I consider the point values basically five times difference between the two.

MLife Sapphire is like TR Gold (you are this level when you sign up)
    MLife Pearl (25,000) is like TR Platinum (5,000)
    MLife Gold (75,000) is like TR Diamond (15,000)
    MLife Platinum (200,000) is like TR Diamond 40,000 (40,000)
    There is no MLife equivalent to TR Diamond 80,000 (80,000)
    MLife Noir (invite only) is like TR Seven Stars (150,000)

At TR you get bonus tier credits for receiving a minimum number of earned tier credits between a 6AM to 6AM period.
    Earned 500 points in that period of time gets you an extra 125 points
    Earned 1,000 points in that period of time gets you an extra 1,000 points
    Earned 2,500 points in that period of time gets you an extra 5,000 points
    TR also has promotions during the year that get you extra tier points.

I'm not sure what extra points you get from MLife, although I'm sure they also have promotions.

7. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    With mLife is more the percentage bonus you get from your level.

Pearl = 10%
    Gold = 20%
    Platinum=30%
    Noir=40%

One of the reasons that I have migrated from mLife to CET is their bonus points.

8. Chuck2009x

Chuck2009x VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    MLife Tier bonuses apply to Express Comps and PointPlay, but not to Tier Credits.

To look at it another way,

MLife rewards your aggregate play over time with a bonus cash benefit that applies to all your play once you reach each tier.

CET rewards compressed play over a short period with bonus Tier Credit, which can end up having a cash benefit (2 for 1 show tix at Platinum, 1 free show tix, $100 celebration dinner, Diamond Lounge at Diamond).

9. adbynot

adbynot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So, based on the information, if you were going for 6 days staying at MLife property 2 days and then TR property the remainder, would you choose one or the other to play strictly play at, and if so which one.
    Also, because of the TR bonuses, do you stop when you reach a level knowing that you won't get to the other that day or what is your play. I am talking almost strictly VP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.