1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Best pizza.

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by DoctorPong, Sep 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playallday

playallday Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok I have to try this one based on your recommendation. If I am staying at the Cromwell how would I get to Grimaldi's.

2. kingpasty

kingpasty High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's on in Venitian.

3. wigwam_salesman

wigwam_salesman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All Grimaldi's are good, but the one on Silverado and Eastern has always been just a little bit better for me. That might just be nostalgia though. It's right by my GF's condo and I like sitting outside.

4. BottomsUp

BottomsUp Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Naked Pizza and Chicago Brewing Company both have great pies.

5. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Grimaldi's.

As mentioned above, the crust is just ridonkulous. And it's actually quite a value - probably about 60% the price of the other good strip pizza joints.

550 and Secret Pizza are very good (especially "The Forager" at 550) as well. But those coal fired ovens at Grimadi's make the difference IMO.

Walk/drive/bus/cab to Palazzo, go to the second floor and follow your nose!

(Of the places most often mentioned, Pizza Rock is probably the only one I haven't tried yet.)

6. gguerra

gguerra High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We tried Pizza Rock a couple of weeks ago. The taste of the pizza was very good. We had the "Cal Italia" described on their menu as follows:

CAL ITALIA $19
    Gold Medal Winner - Food Network Pizza Champions Challenge
    Asiago, Mozzarella, Imported Gorgonzola, Sweet Fig Preserve, Prosciutto di Parma,
    Parmigiano-Reggiano, Balsamic Reduction

The taste of it was good. It was a bit on the sweeter side. It is normally served on a medium crust, we ordered thin and I still thought it was too "bready". This one was "skimpy" (Not enough toppings and too much bread) especially for $19 which did not really fill us up (2 of us). It was maybe a 12"-14" pie. Maybe we should have gone with the "New Yorker". I like a very thin crust with plenty of toppings.

7. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If I'm honest, Pizza Rock beats all of the others by a fair margin. It's a combination of the toppings, amount of them and the crust. The sides are really good as well - try the Caesar salad.

8. wigwam_salesman

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a New Yorker last time I was there. It was truly one of the nicest pizzas I have ever had. The best being from a Palmieri's deli in Johnston, RI.

9. Mrsgashy

Mrsgashy Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My vote goes to secret pizza at the cosmo.

10. bearnana

bearnana Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Going to have to try Grimaldis and maybe five fifty

11. Bommen

Bommen High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You went to Grimaldi´s in Brooklyn when the original and the best pizza is right next door at Juliana´s?

For OP i would rate the Vegas pizza with Five50 first with Grimaldi´s and Secret Pizza tied for second. Also i think Pizza Rock is overrated although i like the atmosphere and beer selection the pizza was a disappointment on my only try. I did see however that you can order different styles of pizza´s but the New Yorker was not very good.

12. VegasMike

VegasMike Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One of the ones I really enjoy is five50-pizza-bar in the Aria....been there twice and it hasn't let me down yet.....they have some very good tasting Beers too. :beer:

13. Bloodsucker101

Bloodsucker101 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    pop up pizza at the plaza

14. Jer

Jer “The Walrus has spoken”

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Which Grimaldi's is best in Vegas? I remember Mikey always recommending them, but I never made it there.

Coming in Earlier, Who Does That???
  15. GVR

GVR Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Secret pizza is fine but my favorite moved out of Henderson to the north side of Vegas: Aurelio's. They are based in Chicago and is my fav of all time. Of course, you have a bit of a drive to get there. If you are downtown, it's only 10-15 min away.

. [​IMG]

16. PokerFaceNJ

PokerFaceNJ Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

I was initially skeptical to try this award winning pizza (Cal Itallia) and so happy that I got over that concern. It was friggin phenomenal!! I haven't had a better pizza anywhere. The flavors were rich and just perfect. We have gone to their late night happy hour and you can get a personal pie for just $7. With the cheap drinks, it is the best value for a meal we had in Vegas.

We are trying Grimaldi's for the first time next week. My wife had a birthday this week and gets a free large pie with one topping. Can't beat that for a birthday treat. Really looking forward to trying this well reviewed place.

17. andreamak

andreamak Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    800 Degrees is amazing. You can pick your toppings and it's very reasonably priced for an entire pizza and a beer. It's a must for my husband and I on each trip!

18. NurseLisa

NurseLisa High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I must recommend staying away from Pizza Rock's margharita pizza. It's a reliable fav for me , but not at Pizza Rock. How you can char a crust and have a soupy pizza I do not know, but this place accomplishes just this. The waitress even said, I don't recommend taking this one back to the room, you won't want it later!

19. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On strip - Grimaldi's at the Palazzo and Fashion Show Mall
    Downtown - Pizza Rock!

20. Pbtrav

Pbtrav Mid level gambler.....high level drinker!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just got back from Aria yesterday....ate several late night slices with Ale at the 5/50 bar. Always good...friendly service as well.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.