1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Hypontist ? (excuse my spelling)

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Robertintx, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there any real good Hypmotist shows around ?
    I know there use to be or that's what my son was saying.
    Thanks

2. DavidR82

DavidR82 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We were debating between the Anthony Coola show or the Marc Savard one for tomorrow. Marc Savard won out when we found a $10.00 groupon per ticket! Would of cost around $55 per to see Cools if I remember correctly. I will report bAck if it was any good or not, but the yelp reviews are mostly positive.

3. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen Anthony Cools at least ten times but not into the past three or four years. Pretty funny although some onstage are just playing along, some aren't. Savard I've only seen once, was about the same.

I was in a run where friends were coming in and had to see something, didn't want to see a big production show. Ended up seeing lots of hypnotist shows, including a few who are out of business that I can't remember. They're all pretty much the same. I've been playing around as an amateur magician since I was 7 so it's easy to rate the good from the bad. Savard and Cools are good.

4. mrem3200

mrem3200 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went to see Cools a while back and volunteered to go onstage to by hypnotized. It didn't work on me. I wasn't trying to fake it, after a few minutes he just told me to go back to my seat. I agree though, good show.

5. Piggylane

Piggylane Well-Known Member

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think it was my eighth show. I was with a buddy from South Carolina and another from Quebec. We had eaten at Mon Ami Gabi and were pretty hammered. Already knowing what was going to happen I was pretty relaxed son when he goes in to the induction part with the mood music I just figured I'd relax a bit. A few minutes later Anthony is staring at me and says "Ron, come on up on stage!" Jacques and Rusty are pissing their pants as are the folks around me for some reason but I remember, distinctly, getting up on stage being the right thing to do. At some point I woke up with my head in some young lady's crotch! Now in February I turn 60 so that's not a bad thing! However I didn't last more than 20 minutes and I realized wait a minute, what the hell am I doing on stage? Anthony saw this, thanked me and I went back to my seat. My buddy Rusty told me I was playing the flute in a band. I know that part of the show, I don't remember that. I have zero musical talent, less than zero rhythm and apparently I was the center of attention for it.

You can get hypnotized out of the audience. I've been professionally hypnotized to deal with a previous job as a Public Information Officer. The vast majority of the public can only be put under lightly or not at all. There is a fraction of the public that can go under deeply. Those are the ones that make the show worthwhile.

6. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I saw Cools earlier this year and my reaction was ... meh. I thought it was an average show. I know his gimmick is that he hypnotizes people into doing shocking stuff, but I didn't really consider any of it shocking. Maybe that's because I'm not easily shocked. But watching people pretend to have sex with furniture was just boring to me. The shoe had a few decent moments, but I doubt I will ever see it again and I would not recommend it to anyone unless you get a free or heavily discounted ticket

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  7. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen both. Of the two, I preferred Savard.

Cools was just okay, IMO. That may have been because I was sitting around drinking and watching football all day and losing heavily on my sports bets though.

I saw Terry Stokes in Hypnosis Unleashed (IIRC). That was definitely the funniest hypnotist I've ever seen. Had this Australian guy take out his cell and call his buddy in Australia and wake him up. I can't remember the pretext of what he said, but it was so funny I remember this from 8 years ago.

I can't remember a single thing Cools did and that was only a few years ago.

Savard had a Riverdance competition and there was an Asian guy who put on a solid gold Riverdance performance. We were laughing about that one for days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.