1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Caesars Room Preference

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by vegas4pools, Jul 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking to book for next June (2016) for wife's 40th. We're Ballys regulars for the comp rooms, but would like something more modern and luxurious as far as room, hotel, and amenities go.

I'm unfamiliar with the Caesars rooms, the towers they're located in, the names they're referred by, sizing, etc.

I'm looking at my TR calendar, and have picked up some great rates for a five day Sun- Fri...
    If I could get some opinions and a little more help, which is where, and what is what...

* Deluxe Room/ King
    * Premium Room/ King Strip View
    &
    * Petite Suite/ King

Mainly lots of room, great view, amenities, walk in shower (hard to shower together in Ballys tub/shower combo hehe) Where are these rooms in reference to pool access?

2. DeeDee

DeeDee Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you want to be by the pool , stay in Palace Tower. We stayed in a mini suite with great views of the pool. The pool is gorgeous. You won't be disappointed. The room had two bathrooms. A shower (enough for two)connected the two bathrooms. One bathroom has a jetted tub. King size bed, room with sofa , chair, desk and chair. Lots of people have problems with Caesars but we love it there. Hope this helps.

3. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for that input. But which of those rooms is in the Palace Tower? I wish you would've expanded on your comment that lots of people have problems with Caesars... Why did you love it?

4. shellieshoe

shellieshoe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Several years ago I stayed in the same type room in the Palace Tower. It was called the Petite Suite. I really enjoyed it. The views weren't quite as nice as the Augustus Tower rooms but I definitely prefer the Petite Suite in the Palace Tower over the rooms in the Augustus Tower.

5. waverunner

waverunner ------VEGA$------

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Here is the floor plan for Caesars: https://www.caesars.com/caesars-palace/caesars-palace-map

I only stayed in the Forum Tower which i liked, close to the Strip, Sports Book, Forum Shops. But if you want to be close to the pool do the Palace Tower, much larger than Forum. If you want a great view and still be close to the pool, do the Augustus Tower, with a Bellagio Fountain view.
    The towers are 1 through 5, with 1 being the lowest. Roman, Forum, Palace, and Augustus-Octavius or Octavius-Augustus.
    I would do Palace if you want to spend lots of time at the pool, Augustus if you want an eye catching view.....of course the Venus pool has eye catching views as well.....LOL.

6. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Heh, until this thread I hadn't noticed that caesars no longer describes their rooms by tower.

Generally from the pics it looks like Classic Room will either get you Roman (AVOID!) or Forum Tower

Deluxe looks like Palace Tower.

Premium is Octavius and Augustus.

Is someone else can confirm that would be great. FYI to the poster, any tower that isn't Roman will be a pretty darn nice room. Just from there a matter of how big, how nice, and where on the property. It is a BIG property, so if you aren't that mobile, that should be a factor. If I were you I'd call to book and have them confirm as much as possible about what tower it will be, and at least request the tower you want if a room could be in two different ones.

7. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That's what I noticed. But I really never paid attention, just recall them describing rooms by the tower name. Wonder why the changed??

8. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would guess that it hurt them on both ends.

On the low end people could do research and avoid the Roman tower, making that hard to fill.

On the high end its possible no one was associating Augustus and Octavius as being more luxurious than Forum or Palace, making it tougher to get a premium for their higher end rooms.

9. TwiceTheJava

TwiceTheJava Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The worst room I've ever had in Vegas was in the forum tower. I can't speak to any other rooms at CP, but I'd take a room at Luxor or the Flamingo over the forum tower.

10. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How long ago? I was in the forum tower in 2012 and it was pretty nice. Way better than a luxor tower room.

11. Candydave

Candydave mid-roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never stayed in the Forum Tower, but have stayed in the Palace, Augusta, and Octavius Towers. They are all really nice rooms, but the Augusta and Octavius are newer and are a little more modern, which I prefer. If you plan on going to the spa or Diamond Lounge, I would stay in the Augusta.

12. Hogman

Hogman VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree............

13. urbanphotos

urbanphotos Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Augustus and Octavius towers are the newest and nicest, plus they have their own check in desk and a taxi stand off Flamingo Rd.

Palace Tower is second best, the rooms are nice, but you check in with the herd at the main desk.

Roman and Forum towers are the least desirable. I saw a YouTube video room tour of a Roman Tower room, and you enter through the bathroom!

YouTube is a good source, you should find room tours of each room type there. Seeing them is better than reading about them.

14. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm fairly certain that the Laurel check in was closed this year. The room is now a TR/promotions desk. The Diamond/7 Star check in is still there. Other than Diamond and 7 Star, everyone checks in at the main desk in the lobby...regardless of what tower you are staying in.

15. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have stayed in all but Roman (do they even put people in the Roman Tower anymore??!!) Forum is fine--comparable to Ballys, Harrahs, other midrange properties.
    Palace & above are all great (our Palace room was the nicest of all)
    If you are going for luxury, Palace Tower or better is great. "Deluxe" or better will get you this (our upcoming reservation is Forum & is now says "classic")

16. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    What are the Laurel Premium rooms--first time I noticed this type--it does mention something about the Augustus and Octavius towers in the description so wondering is that the towers they are in?

17. newmans

newmans VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, the Laurel rooms are the Agustus or Octavius towers.

18. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have only stayed in the Augustus Tower. I consider the size and layout of the rooms to rival the standard "suite" at Palazzo (with the exception of no "divider" between the living section and sleeping section.

The view was "OK". Then again, I don't spend much time looking out the window . . . .

19. Carol1113

Carol1113 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Stayed in the Augustus Tower about 5 years ago and had a fantastic view of the Bellagio fountains--but don't usually stay at Caesars as it is just too big

20. Peachiekeehn

Peachiekeehn High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We stay in the Augustus tower but the Octavius tower rooms are really nice as wel and are also very close to the pool. I'd choose petite suite in Palace tower or a room in the Octavius tower.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.