1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Thrillist picks HOTEL32

Discussion in 'LV Strip Hotels' started by Nittany1, Jun 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw this on LVA news and I thought it was a joke when I read it at first.
    They list HOTEL32 as the best boutique hotel in Nevada beating Skylofts, Four Seasons,Mandarin Oriental,Delano,SkySuites etc.
    I would like to know who makes the picks.It is not even close!!!

2. Travel Fanatic

Travel Fanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Didn't see the article and have to admit that I have never stayed at Hotel 32, but wow! I cannot imagine it is better than Skylofts or Skysuites

The plans have changed
    Post-Shopping Recovery Period
  3. btaller

btaller Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From the article:

How we did it: like with our food/drink stories, we based everything first on experience. Had Liz or I stayed at the place? Had one of our editors stayed there? After that, we based it on individuality: did the hotel capture the local flavor of the city/town/state? Did it feel like a boutique hotel, in terms of making you feel special and unique? If it was owned by a bigger collection of hotels, did it keep that individuality? We also factored in cost whenever possible, but admittedly ignored that factor when it came down to unique hotels on cliffs or taking over ghost towns. Some things are worth the money. And finally, we asked ourselves: does this place make you excited about traveling?

So not really a comprehensive best list. Just the best value based on first hand experience or trusted recommendations.

Quite possible the other hotels have either not been tried or were too pricey in comparison.

5. davidcyndi

davidcyndi MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We love staying at hotel32 in the loft or pent. The rooms are great, the workers are great, the vip service is great. I actually love that hotel32 is getting recognition they deserve. The downside is the rest of Montecarlo. Lol

6. queentata

queentata VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would love to check it out...AND all the others mentioned, too. :)

7. Nittany1

Nittany1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The rooms are nice but it ends there.
    The VIP experience at Skylofts is above all the others mentioned.
    SkySuites and Four Seasons are better than HOTEL32.

I thought they might be considering value but there are no deals at Hotel32 .
    Maybe this was written by one of the people that picked Cheesecake Factory as the top restaurant in Las Vegas.

8. davidcyndi

davidcyndi MIA

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well aren't we a negative nancy....

9. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Given the way the rest of the article reads, I feel like Hotel 32 shouldn't be included. Most (All?) other states has a unique hotel on all its floors...not just one. I'm sure I would rather stay at Hotel 32 vs. Monte Carlo...but the best "boutique hotel" (a nicer word for snooty ass hotel I suppose...) let alone in Vegas, but the entire state?? What about rooms with your own swimming pool at mirage for example? :evillaugh

10. fugsworth

fugsworth VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most "best ____" lists aren't literally trying to depict the best _____ according to any objective criteria, they're trying to present an interesting mix of different examples of that item. The other properties you mentioned get plenty of ink already, so I wouldn't be surprised if they picked Hotel 32 simply because the general public doesn't know about it.

EDC
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.