1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

3 beds in a room

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by David Webb, Jun 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Webb

David Webb Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    hi guys first time posting im heading to vegas for the 4th time in june 2016 but there are only 3 of us going this time and im just wondering if any of the hotels offer 3 beds in one room as were staying for 10 nights and none of us want to share a bed.

2. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They call it a "roll-away". They will roll another bed into you room. The bed sort of folds up for easier transport. They might charge you extra for this.

3. BayouBengal

BayouBengal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Typical American hotel rooms won't have 3 beds even if you indicate there are 3 persons occupying the room. I assume it's common in Europe as I once stayed in Amsterdam and received a room with 3 single beds. A roll-away will be your best option and it's possible it could cost extra.

4. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As others said, cheapest approach would be to get a room with 2 beds, and then call housekeeping and request a rollaway bed. Most hotels have a $20/night (or around that) charge to bring one up, but sometimes if you just call housekeeping they don't bother charging you.

If you want a room that has 3 actual beds you are getting into suite territory and 2 rooms may be cheaper.

5. David Webb

David Webb Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the replys i will ask for a rollaway bed when checking

6. BethGarden

BethGarden Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Be sure to ask ahead of time as some hotels will not allow a roll away in a room that already has two beds. I think it has something to do with fire regulations.

7. Chobopuffs

Chobopuffs Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Venetian/Palazzo have 2 beds and a pull out couch.

8. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Elara.has suites that have 3 bedrooms in it. It also has a 2BR variety with a sofa bed. Might be a bit pricey, but it's a nice option.

9. BeeeJay

BeeeJay President of The Red Lobster Hostess Satisfaction

Trips to Las Vegas:
    almost none of the major hotels (MGM, CET, Wynn, etc) will allow a rollaway into a 2-queen room.

I almost always stay with Borat and Hielo and this is an issue we've run into often. If you are going for 1-2 nights like us you can usually head-toe it for one night.

But for a stay of your length I would look for one of the following solutions we've used in the past:

#1 A room with a King bed and a full sized couch, the will allow a rollaway. You have three decent sleeping options. Cosmo certain rooms, Caesars in the Augustus or Octavious tower will fit the bill.

#2 Palazzo---to me ideal for 3 people. 2 queen beds and a sectional couch that normally folds out into a 3rd bed. Haven't done this in a while so not sure they still have the same setup, but the couch was comfortable enough I never pulled out the bed.

10. ken2v

ken2v This Space For Rent

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Delano double-queen plus you get the couch and it's a true suite. The extra crapper likely will prove most appreciated.

11. Chicken Dinner

Chicken Dinner Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I second this. Quite comfortable. Especially if you drink...

12. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Regarding the rollaway bed, one thing to consider is: almost all the hotels on The Strip will charge you for the rollaway bed... but they will also charge you a third person fee as well - that will be upwards of $50-60 extra per night.

You didn't say what kind of places you were looking at staying at, but at some of the mid to lower end properties it might be cheaper, or close to the same price, just to get a second room which will give you more floor space to move around, a fourth bed, extra bathroom, etc. You could request an adjoining room so you'd have two rooms side by side with the little door in between and then just leave it open and that way you all can move between the two rooms and if something comes up where somebody needs to sleep in or go to bed early or invites a new friend up to the room, the door can be closed for some quiet/privacy.

Another option to consider is buying a single sized air mattress. Cheap ones are usually $10 and the better ones around $20-25 - the cost of the rollaway for one night and when going home you can just throw it out if you don't want to take it back home (at $20 a night that rollaway is going to cost you $200 for a 10 night stay since you are there for so long).

13. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I've run into this.

14. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "or invites a new friend up to the room," damn that was diplomatically put, kudos

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.